Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Name Game

I was tagged by Jessi, so here it is:

Amelia Lee
After months of debating, we couldn't agree on a name. I liked Lauren, Morgan, Kristen or Jessica...Dave didn't. Finally one day I said, "How about Amelia?" That dated all the way back to high school. I had a friend who had seven siblings and the all ended in "a." Leah, Adria, Melissa, and Amelia (I don't remember the other names), but I always thought Amelia was so unusual and old fashioned, but so cute! Dave loved it, and from that minute on, that was her name. (Dave still thinks he first suggested it, but he didn't).

Lee is after Dave --David Lee, who is named after his Grandpa, Leland. It is also a family name on my mom's side, going clear back to John D. Lee, my fifth great grandpa ( of Mountain Meadow Massacre fame).

Mikayla Mae
I really wanted a boy the second (and last) time around. When I found out she was a girl, we talked about a lot of names. We talked about Mikayla but decided on Reagan. I had bought block letters for her nursery and everything! When she was born, I had two strong feelings: 1. My family is complete and 2. Her name is not Reagan. We just went back to Mikayla, which was one of about four we liked. It fit her and we loved it. The only decision was how to spell it. I just tried to be very phonetic so she didn't have to deal with a teacher trying to pronounce it, like I did! Mae is after the world's best grandma...mine! Her name is Wenda Mae and I love her and respect her so much!

Okay, so that's my name game. Now I am tagging Jayme, Chellie, Chelie, Candice, Nanette and whoever else reads this! Nan, yours will be especially fun with your six kids, so just put yours in my comments if you don't have a blog!

2 comments:

Chellie said...

Very Cool! Cute names for cute girls!

Jessi said...

Isn't choosing names a stressful responsibility?