Saturday, November 04, 2006

Out of the Mouths of My Babes

I have realized that overall, I am happy. I'm content. Sometimes I'm too busy, but I like being busy. Why am I happy? Well, there are a lot of reasons, but these two little ones and the crazy things they say keep a smile on my face. Here are some of the recent things I've overheard:

“But I HAVE to have gauchos so I can be a teenager!”

“HUBBA HUBBA” (Said when anyone is kissing or hugging)

“Mom, you are the best mom. You are better than all the other Moms. I mean, you play with me and take me to the pool and I get to go to work with you.”

“My name is Nora!” Her current name.

I had told Amelia about each of the kids in my preschool class. The next morning I was doing her hair and she said, “Mom, you know that boy that’s really polite and always says, ‘Yes, Ma’am’?” I couldn’t remember which boy that was, so I asked, “Now who are you talking about?” Amelia answered, “You know, the ribbon boy?” I was still very confused, until I thought about it a minute longer…. “Amelia, do you mean Beau?” “YES!” She replied.

“Mom, God made everything good, so I think he made string cheese.”

“Ms. Angie was driving fast and got a GOLDEN ticket from the police.” (Said after we had watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, where a golden ticket is GOOD!)

“Mom, I have veins in my face.” Me: “Yes, Amelia, you have veins all over your body inside. It’s what blood travels in and carries it throughout your body from your heart.” Amelia: “Mom, I don’t want you to talk about all that. I’m talking about VEINS hanging down in my eyes.” Me: “Amelia, so you mean BANGS?????” Amelia: “Ya, that’s what I said, veins in my eyes.”

Amelia to Nana on the phone: “I liked the horses you sent. I picked the vanilla one and Mikayla picked the vanilla and chocolate one.” (brown and white)

(After telling her that we would wait for her to get home from school to take down the Halloween decorations): “Mom, is it time now to up the CHICKEN (turkey) decorations?”

“Mom, I’m glad God made hats.”



Mikayla: “My name is Hillary Duff!” Her current name.

“But Barbie needs a boyfriend!!!!!” All Mikayla wanted from a little shopping spree at Toys-R-Us for Amelia to spend a birthday gift card was a Ken doll.

“Where’s my boy doll?” Now this is said constantly as Ken has become her favorite toy!

“Mom, I love you so much I’m not going to sell you in fourteen days.”

“Mom, I know what the frog says: Focket, Focket.” I guess it was a mix between Frog and Ribbit, but it was funny!

After buying a $4.00 doll at the consignment store for Mikayla: “Mom, I love her so much, I want to name her Ham.”

(While I was on the phone with Dad) “Tell Granddad I can do a cartwheel!” Then I saw Amelia trying to think of something she can do. Finally Amelia said, “Tell Granddad I can put my tongue in a bowl!”

Mikayla (while riding on Uncle Jerry’s shoulders at Jeff’s Raiders Football game screaming at the top of her lungs): “Go Way-Dohs, Go!!!!!!”

“You’re not the boss; God’s the boss!”

“Mom, I want to go to Lawn Mar for Ham decorations!” Translation (after a lot of thought and questions): “Mom, I want to go to Wal-Mart for turkey decorations!” and no, she didn’t hear Amelia’s chicken conversation! They are so confused about turkey!

“Mom, I want you to have another baby and I want it to be a girl baby and I want you to name her Aunt D!”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. That was the perfect way to start my day. I have tears streaming because I've been laughing so hard.

I think your kids are totally normal, Chaun... ;)

Anonymous said...

I spit water all over my keyboard!!!!

Jessi said...

SO FUNNY!!! You're awesome to keep track of all the funny things they say. I need to do a better job of it. (And I did miss you last night, but I totally understand the challenges of finding babysitters. Thanks for trying so hard. We'll get together another time!)

Anonymous said...

I love her comment about the "veins" that is so hilarious! I totally laughed out loud! My family is looking at me like I am strange! I love that you write these things down. They are so important to have! And thank you for your sweet card. I love to give you goodies! It makes me happy! Sorry I have been a bad blogger....I need to get caught up! Francesca and little lestat are doing great. I will post pictures. Love you so much!!!!!
xoxoxo
j

Chellie said...

kids say the darndest things... it's a fact. You'll be glad you have it all documented.