Sunday, September 16, 2007

Update!

Here is Amelia stretching before the big event. She took it VERY seriously.

Look at that red face from all that running!
She did it! She ran 30 laps! That was totally unexpected for a kindergartner...she did great!

Thank you Aunt Chellie & Uncle Damien and Nana & Granddad for helping her earn money for each lap that she ran!


I am finally reading the new Harry Potter book. I am 400 pages into it and loving every minute of it. It has sure moved from a magical junior high book to a scary novel, but I still love it, although I can't recommend it now to younger kids.




Now for an easy recipe, where you probably have everything on hand:

15 minute Chicken Soft Tacos
three chicken breasts
two cups water
two cups rice
one cup salsa
one taco seasoning packet
tortillas, sour cream, grated cheese

Cut chicken in strips and cook in skillet with a little olive oil. Pour in water, salsa, and seasoning and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and pour in rice. Cover and simmer until rice is done and water is absorbed. Spoon into tortillas and top with cheese and sour cream.




Now for a deep thought: I think I might be a little depressed. I should be so happy. The kids love school. I have breaks during the week that I"ve never had before, but I've been down. I'm tired and get easily overwhelmed with the kids. I know it's the weather. It's crazy that it affects me so much. I think we need to move to some island where it NEVER gets below 85 degrees. I know in time my body will acclimate and I'll be fine, but right now I don't know how to get out of the dumps. I heard that visiting tanning beds works, but the last time I went to the dermatologist, she told me that I need to stop being a "sun goddess" and use some sunscreen!



4 comments:

Jessi said...

Thanks for admitting to being a little depressed. It helps to hear that other people feel that way sometimes, too. I think it's the month. There isn't anything fun about September. It's just work with the expectation of MORE work coming with the holidays. (How's that for a gloomy outlook?!)

And GO AMELIA!!! I bet she was so proud of herself!

And I'm going to try that recipe. It sounds great!

MiandMiksmom said...

Jessi, I think you might be right...September is a hard month, and I had never thought of it before!

Dave Riddle said...

Just a few reasons to not be depressed:
1. You don't have -30 degree Wyoming winters.
2. It's hunting season.
3. Jesus loves you.

Chellie said...

Way to go Amelia!! I am so proud of you.

Amelia looks so adorable! She did a great job.

hmmm.. so the recipe sounds good and seems easy. The only problem is that I only have rice, water and taco seasoning on hand. I hope they like it.

We all go through ups and downs. Call me if you want to talk! Sometimes it helps just to talk to someone else; maybe that someone else has been there before. :)