Friday, December 01, 2006

Perspective

I've recently met a mom who I liked right from the beginning. Her little girl is in Amelia's class...the one the teacher is holding in this picture:


Anyway, her mom emailed me the following when I asked her about her sister that had recently passed away:

My sister? Well at 39, two days after she ran a Marathon, she was diagnosed with Liver cancer. She lived a painful 10 weeks, leaving Belle-4 and Oskar-1. She was my best friend and hero, it's been the most unbearable thing you can imagine.
She was one of those people that didn't smoke or do drugs, and barely drank, and still had more fun than anyone else at the party. She cheered from 3 until 25. She was soooo healthy, so we thought. Shawn called her earth mother. She was tiny and HYPER. She would wear you out. But you always wanted more. I miss her so much that it actually makes me stop breathing. My Dad is so mad at God, even though, we've tried to explain it's not his fault.

I have AMAZING friends that rallied around me and helped men get through it. Which of course, I will be the rest of my life. I guess it's why I really don't let things get to me that much, in the big scheme of life, nothing is that big of a deal when you get to keep raising your children.

Nothing is that big of a deal when you get to keep raising your children...

3 comments:

all alli. said...

Hey, I loved the card. The pics of the girls are adorable!

Anonymous said...

This is so sad! I have been thinking about this woman since I read this the other day. I am so blessed...and I pray that I will continue to be blessed. So grateful to have my children. Your x-mas card was so cute - those girls of yours are going to break some hearts(just like their mom did!) Hopefully I will get my cards mailed this week sometime...
x0x0x
jayme

zwarte panther said...

very true. children are the best gifts, treasures and special. have 2 of my own. proud mother.
you have beautiful daughters.
cherish every single year.