Monday, December 18, 2006

They want me...I think!

I sat in a three hour interview yesterday...no exaggeration. You see, I heard that Horizon Christian Academy had a drama opening right now. It is for 6-12 grade, two classes on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. I am still desperately seeking a decent school for Amelia next year, so I jumped all over it. Anyway, I went in there feeling pretty good. I had no idea it would be so intense. His first question? So, why did you leave Cornerstone after working there three months? Um, ahh, umm, well....and then I rambled an answer. It did go uphill from there.

It will be a lot of shuffling around with the kids, but next year I can teach while the girls are in school and cover their tuition. When I left (after three hours) he informed me that he had interviewed two others and had one more to interview. They are all actors and have been in many productions. I am just a drama TEACHER. I'm not an actress. I was honest about that though and I also told him I was worried about my kids Tuesday and Thursday afternoons while I teach because neither one is in school at that time. I left the interview with an offer to teach ENGLISH next year (6th English, 7th English and 10th grade American Lit.) for just a couple of hours in the mornings. Amelia gets reduced tution and Mikayla can stay at Christ the King for Pre-K. It sounds good. It is a good school and I think it will work out. I will find out about Drama next Thursday, but I think I would rather just do the English next year and leave Drama to the more-qualified.

4 comments:

Chellie said...

I think you are a good actress. Especially when I was beating you up... hahaha. Seriously though, I do.

Good luck with it all. Sounds like you have a great plan with teaching and getting Amelia in a school you are happy with.

D said...

I heard that there are some GREAT teaching positions in Utah County... You think about it.

For the record- You are a spectacular drama teacher. I'm the shyest person on Earth and I ended up DANCING on stage. You threatened me, of course, but it was still kinda fun. ;)

Jessi said...

I have heard the best things about Horizon Christian Academy. I am so happy you found a school for Amelia and a position you will enjoy. I bet CTK is in mourning though.

WX Ences said...

Good luck! It sounds like even if you don't get the drama teacher position, you've still got a good 'in' with the English teaching position! That sounds like a pretty good start for now! I wish you the best with that.

I love the conversation with your daughters about your husband being in St. Paul. It sounds like a conversation that I would have with mine! Kids are so FUNNY!!

-Audri