Monday, April 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Mikayla Mae

My Baby turns four tomorrow.
Man, I never thought it was possible to love someone so much.
Even when she's sassy.

I love you Mikayla! Happy Birthday Baby!
And before I sign off, here are some recent sayings, because after all, she says it better than I do:
  • “Mom, I want you to have another baby and I want it to be a girl baby and I want you to name her Aunt D!”
  • (yelling as she’s coming down the stairs) “MOM, THIS IS A PWOBWEM! MOM, THIS IS A WEAL PWOBWEM!” Me (trying not to laugh): “What’s a problem Honey?” Mikayla: “Dad does not know how to do buns.”
  • (at the dinner table): “Mom, my tummy is full of this food, but it is NOT FULL OF ICE CREAM YET
  • After we called Nana to sing “Happy Birthday” Mikayla said: “OK, now let’s sing Happy Birthday to Jesus!”
  • “I didn’t wike being a wise man because them aw daddies, and I a guhl.”
  • (more on why she didn’t want to be a wise man) “I don’t want to be a wise man because I have to be with Bryce and Joshua and I don’t like the name Joshua.” I said, “Mikayla, that’s Uncle Joshy’s name.” “NO IT’S NOT, HE’S JOSHY AND I ONLY WIKE THAT NAME!”
  • “Ding Bell” That’s what she says when she pretends to ring the doorbell!”
  • “I’m growling.” (Said whenever she is hungry….all of the time)
  • “I want my ears peered!”
  • “Mom, you don’t have to wear shoes when it’s sunny outside.
  • “Why is Amelia’s hair pretty in the morning and mine is CRAZY????”
  • “I really just like Di-Co-Cup.” (Diet Coke in a cup)
  • “I want allotter!” Me: “You want water?” Mikayla: “No, I want A LOT ‘ER spaghetti, not just a little.”
  • “Mom, I want to give half my Easter eggs that I find tomorrow to Kristen.” (She is the sweet little girl in Mikayla’s class that was just diagnosed with Leukemia.)
  • After I scolded her for coloring on her belly, she replied, "Mom, it's not coloring, it's a BELLY RING!"
  • She loves everything to be ranked….like, do you like oranges, apples or peanut butter better? This is usually not a big deal until at the Braves game she loudly questioned Dave, “DADDY, WHAT MAN HERE DO YOU LOVE THE MOST?????”
  • Said tonight at dinner “Actua-wee, I can do any-fing I wanna do tomowoe, ‘cuz it’s my birthday!”




5 comments:

Jessi said...

I hope she has a wonderful day!!!!! Can you believe she is FOUR????!

Let's plan a play-date!!!!

WX Ences said...

What a cutie! I can't believe how much she is grown. Her personality reminds me SOOO much of Ali's...I bet they would get along famously!

-Audri

P.S. The baby has TONS of dark brown hair. It's adorable!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... She is SPICY!

I love all of her poses.

Can't wait to see you guys!

Chellie said...

Happy Birthday Mikayla!

Anonymous said...

these pictures are amazing! mikayla is adorable. I think her and ethan should be married someday. That would be fun! Happy birthday to her! Love that she is a Taurus girl like me....oh and on the birthday note! I totally missed your b-day! I am sending you a little gift in the mail. I hope you had a wonderuful birthday.