Monday, February 18, 2008

100 Things About Me




I am really not that interesting, but I had fun thinking of these 100 things about me. If you read it, I want you to make your own list. Leave me a comment that you did it so I can check it out!

1. I get totally grossed out by bad breath, but for some reason when my kids breathe all over me in the morning, I like it.

2. I have a tendency to get taken advantage of with other people's kids and don't do anything about it until I'm ready to explode and then I regret it.

3. I really like being the Daisy leader. I think the program is so important in a girl's life and I can't wait for future years of involvement.

4. I get annoyed by parents who don't volunteer to help with Girl Scouts or in the classroom or whatever.

5. I realize now that some parents who don't get involved (like at the preschool level) were just too busy with their kids in the elementary school so I shouldn't have been annoyed.

6. My favorite restaurant is any type of hibachi grill.

7. We hardly ever eat beef at home but sometimes I want a big old burger, even more than a juicy steak and I eat it and then feel sick.

8. I hit the scale at 250 pounds while pregnant with Amelia (maybe more, but I stopped looking at the scale and even stepped on it backwards so I couldn't see).

9. I can't believe I lost 120 pounds. I don't even know how.

10. I weigh less now than I did in high school, but I don't look the same.

11. I am in better shape than I ever have been and I didn't realize it until I went jogging and I didn't stop for three miles. I guess the spin classes really helped without me realizing it.

12. I get annoyed with home school moms IF they bash public schools and try to tell me that their kids are so much better off.

13. I grew up dancing my entire life, even on college drill team, but I think I would have been better at sports.

14. I didn't want my kids to be cheerleaders or dance, but they love it, and they're good at it...way better than at any sports they've tried.

15. I don't want my kids to be "popular" I just want them to be nice and not care if they're popular.

16. I could listen to my kids talk to each other forever...it's better than any music. And I seriously laugh at what they say.

17. I love 80's hair band music. I love Poison, Def Leppard, Van Halen with Sammy and all that good stuff.

18. I would have loved Dave in high school and I think he would have been a good friend.

19. Speaking of "Daves" in high school...my best friend in high school was named Dave and I think he changed my life for the better. We send Christmas cards only but I think about him and wish that he knew the difference he made in my life.

20. I played the violin in high school orchestra, but I didn't think it was "cool."

21. I wish I would have kept up with it so I could teach lessons now.

22. I love tutoring. It makes me feel smart to use my brain and also proud of myself that I can explain things so she can understand it.

23. I mostly love tutoring because I'll be ready to help my kids when they are in algebra!

24. I love to help at the elementary school, but I think teachers should have full-reign of their class and I only help and never give advise, even when they ask for it because I think Amelia's teachers are awesome and I don't ever want them to think that I'm a pushy know-it-all mom.

25. I fall down a lot when I dance. I did a face plant on the football field doing an air split. I made a crash-landing in a genie costume at a basketball pep rally and I fell on my back in a bar listening to Barry's cousin's band play in Atlanta.

26. I'm really not a very good dancer.

27. I am annoyed by moms that try to re-do their childhood through their children....like the cheerleading moms who's only goal is having their child make high school cheerleader ten years down the road.

28. I bite my nails.

29. I hate to be patted. I hate when people hug me and pat my back or even just a pat on the arm.

30. I like squeezes and hugs.

31. I don't like to french kiss.

32. I feel bad that I don't like to french kiss. I used to kiss Dave like that all the time.

33. I wish I would have danced at my reception.

34. Other than that, I loved my reception. I think the Joseph Smith Building is one of the most beautiful buildings I've been in.

35. I love my parents.

36. When people complain about their parents, I can't sympathize or empathize. My parents are awesome.

37. I talk to my mom every day and I miss her all the time.

38. I think my mom sacrificed a lot to give her kids a better life.

39. I think my dad did too.

40. I think knowing that makes me a better parent.

41. I think God always leads me in the right direction, and I constantly look back at my life and realize that if I would have made one other decision about college, I would have never met Dave and I realize what a part God had in all that.

42. I hate to spend money.

43. I feel guilty after I go on a shopping spree.

44. Sometimes I want to have a whole year where the only thing I buy is food and pay bills and not buy one piece of clothing for anyone in the family or toys, or eat out or whatever just to see if I can do it.

45. If I could live on Diet Coke, water, Dots and candy hearts, I would.

46. Last week I cut down to 2 12-ounce Diet Cokes a day and I feel better and I lost weight.

47. I worry about drinking out of aluminum cans and the amount of aspartame I have put into my body.

48. Even though I worry, I'll never give up Diet Coke completely.

49. I really don't like animals, especially dogs, but once I see how much the families love their dogs and cats, it makes me love them too.

50. Everyone always asks me to watch their dogs when they go on vacation, so I think they realize that I love THEIR dogs, just not dogs in general.

51. I am really proud of my little brother on a mission.

52. I think one of the best things that ever happened to me as a teacher was being Steph's 8th grade English teacher at Farmington Jr. We had the best two years ever and I missed her like crazy when she went to high school.

53. I don't think I can ever be the kind of teacher I was before kids. I just can't devote that much energy now that I have my own family.

54. Some of my best childhood memories are of just playing Barbies with Chell OUR way. It was never fun when other girls tried to play Barbies with us.

55. I love Dave more than anything in the whole world.

56. I don't think I do a good enough job showing him that.

57. I am proud of my kids when we go to a store and they say, "We can't get that because it's not on the list" and they don't even ask.

58. But, it makes me want to buy it for them even more.

59. I really hate cold weather.

60. When it's hot, and I'm outside, I'm happy.

61. I wanted to be a teacher, but if I wasn't going to do that, I wanted to be a white water river raft guide on the Snake in Jackson Hole.

62. When I got my lifeguarding certification, I never had to work harder physically in my entire life. I couldn't swim the length of the pool in the allotted time without taking a breath and I had to practice every day even after the class ended until I could do it.

63. I could tread water for hours though, even holding a brick above my head.

64. I never remember movies but I like them while I'm watching them.

65. I love to read but I have a problem with the need to finish every book I start so when I run across a dull book, it takes me forever to finish and then I don't get to read what I want to be reading.

66. I am fascinated with the Titanic.

67. I think my grandparents are the hardest working people I've ever known.

68. I think if kids today worked as hard as that entire generation, our world would be a different place.

69. I think "the No Child Left Behind" policy is a bad one.

70. I sleep in yoga pants and one of my Hi-Lo sweatshirts every night. I don't even own pajamas or a nightie.

71. I hate to wear robes, even though I have two nice ones. I get ready completely naked and probably should wear one. :)

72. I was intimidated by the whole social thing in the south (especially throwing lavish parties and showers). But now, I think Utah has it right on how they throw parties, and I don't feel like I have to do it like they do in the South.

73. People think I'm cheap though because of it. But I think they secretly wish they could do the same.

74. I think teenagers are awesome. I love that the neighbor boys like to hang out over here and I feed them because I like them over here and want them to stay.

75. Throughout my life, I have become great friends with people who have very sick kids AFTER their kids have become sick and then remained great friends. I have realized that sometimes people need friends that didn't really know their child before they were sick for a lot of different reasons.

76. I hate to have a messy house.

77. I wish I didn't care so much about having a clean house.

78. I never notice if my friends' houses are clean or not. Sometimes when they point it out I then realize what a mess it is and the fact that I could care less.

79. I don't always notice things about friends: lost weight, hair cuts, new outfits, and I wish that I was more perceptive.

80. I am not perceptive at all. I don't know what color of eyes people have or what house people are talking about when they say, "you know, the house on your street with the green shutters."

81. I have a perm but I usually straighten my hair.

82. I have a few gray hairs.

83. I think the best breakfast in the world is one packet of Kroger fruit (any flavor) and cream oatmeal and a piece of wheat toast.

84. Sometimes we get McDonald's for breakfast or go out, and it tastes good, but I'd rather have oatmeal.

85. When I was a kid I hated tacos, spaghetti and cheese. Now I love all three.

86. I love tacos so much that we eat them every Wednesday after gymnastics.

87. I really want to redo my girls' bedroom, but they don't want me to.

88. I love for my girls to share a bedroom and I think it's cute that they sleep together and no one will sleep on the top bunk.

89. I love playing games, especially Poker.

90. I think I learned math by playing cards with my dad at a very young age!

91. I still remember the Saturdays that my dad would take me to the book store and let me pick out any book I wanted. I do the same for my kids now.

92. I think if a kid learns to read well, he/she will do well in school...in every subject.

93. I don't like gold and silver mixtures. I have some rooms in my house that mix the two, and that is something I'm perceptive about!

94. I love to squish play dough and to color in coloring books with my kids.

95. I do not like to play dolls, house or school with my kids.

96. I wish that I did.

97. I am so happy that I have two girls and that they are so close in age.

98. I don't like Dave to buy me flowers. I think it's a waste of money.

99. I make a list every day of what I want to accomplish and I love to cross it off.

100. I have not ironed anything in about ten years.

13 comments:

Jessi said...

I read them all and think you are such a fun person!

Chellie said...

Very cool! I think I did this for my 100th post. It wasn't as fun as yours :)

So many things we are the same about, yet we are so different. It's strange how that works out.

I may try it again... I'm just not sure I can come up with 100 things!

Clanturner said...

You are awesome. I am on a I hate my children day and you really helped me to think about all the joy they bring to my life. Thanks! We have so much in common - I wish we lived closer - If you can find Dennis a great job there maybe we can move when we are done in 2 years. Love ya! Thanks again! I think will go and hug all my monsters right now.

Kate said...

It was fun reading that. I'm going to try and post 100 things too....i'll let you know.
:)

MiandMiksmom said...

Christy, I am totally finding Dennis a job and you are going to move next door. You would love it here and I would be so happy!

And to Jessi and Chell, I am so not fun... I re-read my list and I am kind of a dork.

robin said...

Your my new hero! Not ironing for 10yrs, I'm stopping right now. The sad thing is I never iron my own stuff it always for Jake or the boys and every time I do I burn myself. Ironing sucks!!! (pardon my french)

Dave Riddle said...

Great list. I don't even know if I have 100 things about me. I think that I will give it a shot.

Nan said...

That was great. We are sooo much alike! I also have to have a clean house but could care less if others aren't. My girls just last week stopped sleeping in the same bed together. They put their bunks back together and now sleep seperately. I also don't iron..I could go on and on. Thanks for all the info!!

Tauna said...

wow.... a hundered things. that takes a long time!!!! but it was sure fun reading and learning about you! you are so fun. thanks for sharing!!!
(I think that would be really cool if you relearned to play the violin!!) do it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Does your own bad breath bother you??

Just wondering...

Anonymous said...

I love all these things about you! I totally need to be more like you. And you are VERY cool and so beautiful! xoxox

M said...

I am super impressed that you can think of 100 things to write. You are a very interesting gal.

I can't believe you lost 120 pounds! And I had no idea you taught Stephanie in middle school.

It's great to know you a little better now.

Anonymous said...

D,
Yes it does. I hear about it all the time. - Dave