Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Best Play Dough

I was trying to think of something new to do for Amelia's class party. Then I remembered PLAY DOUGH. I used this recipe all the time for preschool, and it is awesome so I wanted to share it:

3 Cups Flour

3 Cups Water

1 1/2 Cups Salt

2 T. Vegetable Oil

1 T. Cream of Tartar

1 Pack of Cherry Kool Aid (or whatever color you want it) I tried Pink Lemonade to make some of the balls pink, but it wasn't bright enough.

The secret ingredient is the Kool-Aid. It makes the play dough a vibrant color and makes it smell good!

Heat it all in a skillet (or even a big pot would work). It's hard to mix it all together and it's super hot, so scoop it up on wax paper and let it cool for awhile and then knead it all together.


Store in bags for up to a week or more. I made balls for each kid so they can play in class and then bring some home, but you can put it all in one bag. The recipe makes four nice size balls. I like it better than store bought play dough, and it's even fun to make!

5 comments:

Nan said...

That is so fun! What a great idea. I'm in charge of a game for Tommy's kindergarten and the teacher told me to play Duck, Duck goose. I guess I'll change it up to cupid cupid love. But the playdough looks a lot more fun.

robin said...

Fun Chaun I use to make that same receipt but minus the kool-aid. The kool-aid would really kick it up a notch. I love that play dough though it's really smooth. And Nan coming from a mom of boys cupid cupid love won't go over very big with boys. Caden says that he would just go around saying cupid and Dillon says no way would he tap a girl and say love.

Chellie said...

I make the same recipe too! But we usually use the blue Kool-Aid :)

WX Ences said...

Awesome!!! I've never found a recipe I really liked...to much salt and my hands get really dry and nasty...they're already dry enough on their own!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Kate said...

Thanks for sharing. I had to make brown playdough for Syd's class and it came out orange!!! oh well! I should have used your recipe. But, brown? Why I was given that color?? I don't know.