Saturday, February 02, 2008

February Goals



Okay, I am totally copying Jessi's idea, and even her picture, but I really wanted to get myself organized this short month and get some things accomplished, so I am going to list my goals for this month and hold myself accountable!

1. Fire Marshall Fight: Start gathering moms, arguments, petitions and figure out what it's going to take to reverse this absolutely ridiculous Forsyth County Fire Marshall and his crazy rules about what a school cannot have. Make an appointment to speak to SOMEONE who can change this or at least put up a fight with me.

2. Lose those #$^%^ five pounds that I put on in December.

3. Update my emergency backpacks and plan three days of meals and put them on the storage shelf. Also, replace the water storage (a year overdue).

4. Be a better wife.

5. Get rid of current credit card because we never use the companion ticket because they make it too hard to redeem and find a card that has good rewards.

6. Trim those rose bushes that I didn't do in the fall, but find out how to do it first and if it's too late.

7. Clean up the backyard...get rid of sand table, organize toy bench, new pad for the trampoline, clean playhouse and get new flags for the putting green. Oh, and buy a new grill for Dave...seriously, if you saw ours (the same one I wheeled down the street three years ago from neighbors who had it out in the trash) you would see why. Hey, also look at a new umbrella and seat cushions, but if they're to expensive then that doesn't count against my goal!!!!

8. Start violin lessons or at least find a teacher.

9. Finish 2007 scrapbooks and start 2008's on line.

Okay, I know this was such an interesting post, but at least I have it written down so I can start working!

6 comments:

Jessi said...

Those are awesome! Good luck getting them done. I've found that posting my goals is very helpful because I feel totally accountable to do my best to do them!

robin said...

nice goals! but you need to expand on the fire marshall rules. i'm also totally getting antsy to get my backyard cleaned up.

Nan said...

Backyard cleanup is just for you lucky ones that can see your backyard right now, ours is completely covered in snow!
What is it w/ those 5 lbs? Maybe we all just need to adjust our scales b/c those 5 lbs never come off for me! I love your idea about posting goals.

WX Ences said...

I love writing my goals down because it feels so darn good to cross them off when you finish them. I wish you the best of luck!!!

Chellie said...

My goal is to scrapbook more.

That's all.

Roger That said...

I love that post! I think everyone should write goals for each month. I think I am going to copy you.
I have those same five pounds from December. I swear, it feel more like 10 but that is because I gain all of it in my bubble butt!