Sunday, April 13, 2008

Lessons Learned from Spring Break

  • I learned a lot of things during Spring Break. We did so many fun things...too many to post about, but here's what I learned. If you buy expensive toys for your children (Leapsters), they will lose them.
  • Don't forget to pray when you do lose things because we found it in the oddest place after eight days...in the back of Aunt Miki's car.
When your kids are fist-fighting (literally) get them outside! After a horrible day of fighting, I took the kids on a 2.5 mile hike and we pulled everything together again.


I think my girls learned their posing skills from their dad.
It doesn't matter if I buy my kids cute clothes, they will pair them with other cute things that totally don't match.
It is time to use sunscreen again...they are both very sunburned.
It is really great for Dave to be able to call me in sick to work saying he has to watch the kids, so he can take the day off to hang out with us.

7 comments:

Jessi said...

What fun pictures!!! And I learned the "wear sunscreen" lesson, too. None of my kids got sunburned at the park, but the back to my neck and chest got fried. Live and learn.

Clanturner said...

Your girls are so cute - it really doesn't matter what they are wearing.

robin said...

I think your girls got "pop"! We are just ending a two week track break and it's back to school tomorrow. YEAH!!!!

Nan said...

At least you found the expensive toys. Ours seem to get buried in a deep dark hole.
cute outfits. I love that they have thier own style!

Anonymous said...

The girls are total fashionistas. That's awesome that you let them do their own thing.

I'm glad you found Amelia's Leapster!

Roger That said...

I love these pictures. That is going to be me in five year with my two girls. It looks like you had a great spring break. Keep me posted on more lessons learned when raising two girls that are close together:)

WX Ences said...

Your girls are so blasted cute! In another ten years or so you are going to have to move closer so we can hook our children up! He he he!!!

Seriously though, I love reading your posts and THANK YOU for leaving such wonderful advice for me...I agree it must be teeth, I'm hoping it doesn't last much longer...I'm so tired!

Who would have thought parenting was going to be so difficult?!?!