Monday, April 28, 2008

Mikayla's Orphan Annie Birthday Party

Here it is: The long awaited Annie birthday photos are here! (Ha, ha) I am doing this post for all those random moms out there who have a daughter who wants to have an Annie party. Hopefully when you do a Google search, you will find this post and get some ideas on your party...because it was hard to put it together with nothing out there! Annie is just not that "cool."

1. I started with the invitations. I had ordered a dress off Ebay for $20. I color-copied the photo and burned copies of the CD so the girls could listen to it before the party and have an idea of what kind of party they were going to! I was surprised though how many moms ran out and rented to movie for their daughters before the party...so sweet!








My goodie bags were simple....little tin pails that I put their names on, lockets and sun tattoos. The total cost per goodie bag was about $1.75.






I rented the clubhouse and invited 10 girls (counting my two).














I found the Annie doll and Miss Hannigan on Ebay for about $7 each. They were her birthday presents and then I stuck Annie on the cake. Before the party started, Mikayla shoved Miss Hannigan on the cake too!!!!
I ordered the cake over the phone at Publix and they did a great job. I wanted the colors to be hot pink, red and yellow. (Mikayla wanted the hot pink and a colorful bouquet of balloons for her chair.)

I had red butcher paper on the kids' tables and crayons for the opening activity. I also put gold coins for the mansion.



I had the girls all wear their "rattiest orphanage frock" and they looked so cute! Dave dressed as Punjab (not sure how to spell that). We would have done Daddy Warbucks, but couldn't find a bald wig. He already had the turban from his India trip...hilarious!

After coloring on the tables and dancing around, I sat the kids down and briefly told the story of Annie. Then I gave them all a rag (ripped up pieces of left over fabric I had) and put aprons (that my mom made) on all of them and told them to clean!!!! They danced and dusted to "It's a Hard Knock Life."

We played pin the nose on the sun, and whoever was closest got to give out the horns for the "Sandy Dog Parade."

Look how cute they are! I forgot to play "Miss Hannigan says." That was supposed to come next, but oh well!


The girls all brought their favorite stuffed dog to parade around. I brought a couple extras for anyone who forgot.










Then we did a "rag toss" (really it was balled-up tin foil) into buckets. They had so much fun with this!





It was a great party! We finished with cake, ice cream and presents.

Mikayla was so happy!
Hopefully this will help out anyone else who needs to plan an Annie party!





9 comments:

Kate said...

So cute! What a great idea! I can't believe you found Annie and Miss Hanagan on Ebay for so cheap! I can't find a ScoobyDoo mystery machine for under $40!!! I'm jealous. :) It sounds like you had a blast and she looks adorable in her Annie dress. Brings back soooo many memories!!

Anonymous said...

I seriously thought Dave was supposed to be Miss Hannigan.

Anonymous said...

THat is the cutest party I have ever seen! Tell Mikayla that I played Pepper in Annie when I was in 5th grade! It was so fun!  She is adorable and what a good mommy you are!  That was a lot of work!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing party! I say, give yourself an award for all the hard work you put into it! Looks like a lot of fun.

Dave Riddle said...

Holy Crap, I want you to throw me a party.
On another note, I think that we should give Rick an Annie party.

Clanturner said...

You are the Party Queen. So adorable. I am so copying that one for one of my girls. Let Kate know that I found the scooby doo mystery machine will all the characters at a thrift store for $9. Cameron then lost shaggy that same day and we had to buy a new one on ebay for $15. I love ebay for the hard to find items, and when you get a great deal it's even better.

WX Ences said...

I remember you fretting about this party months ago and I think you did a WONDERFUL job! They all look so happy! It sounds like Mikayla had a fabulous time, and so did everyone else!

Way to go!

Jessi said...

That looks like so much fun!! I bet Mikayla loved it!

Annie said...

Awesome!! I am so glad I ran across this. My daughter is planning her Annie birthday party already, and her birthday isn't until December. I had no idea where I was going to find invitations or the like. Thanks for posting these great ideas!