Thursday, March 12, 2009

Random Recent Thoughts....

I just noticed this is my 260th post...kind of crazy! I definitely don't blog like I used to...maybe it's Facebook, or maybe I'm just kind of over it. Anyway, I had to document a couple of things...


Mikayla lost her first tooth. She has this little lisp now when she talks. It kind of adds to her sassiness!Amelia insisted on playing soccer. I was worried that she wouldn't follow through because it's ridiculous how much they practice and how many games they have in such a short season, but she tries so hard and smiles the whole time she's out there....now if she can just get one kick of the ball, that would be great...
And maybe it is the 80 degree weather we've been having (but is leaving soon), but I have this NEED to be outside. I want to do this:
or this:I would totally settle for this (actually canoeing...not kayaking)But more than anything, this is where I want to be: I want to take the girls there so bad...I love everything about Arches....camping, hiking, the HOT weather, the incredible, beautiful scenery...and the memories. One time Dave and I went there for a weekend and our tent fell in on us in a wind storm and we forgot a can opener and had to spear the can of chili with a knife and spoon it out and hope that we didn't get cut...while heating it over a sterno. Or the time Chel and Michael slept on gravel, or the time the wees went with the guys for our Spring Break our senior year...I could go on and on.... I find it ironic that it would be cheaper for our family to fly to the Bahamas and stay for a week then it would be to get us all there to Arches, and I still don't know how we would camp with no gear, but I can dream!

3 comments:

Jessi said...

I've wanted to go back to southern Utah, too. Zions, Bryce Canyon, Arches......It is definitely one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Jenn said...

I could see how you could get over blogging. I like putting in posts, but lately it has gotten old. I don't do facebook. I can't have anymore distractions. I loved your post. Makes me want to go to Zions, etc.. Made me a little hungry for summer, and I am not a summer girl- way too hot!!

Anonymous said...

Cuteness! That little fireball of yours sure looks adorable with her bob and missing tooth.

I think it's hilarious/awesome that Amelia just hangs out on the field beaming.

Eric went hunting on the Colorado outside of Moab last fall and fell in love with the place. Arches are on our list for April. I'l send you pictures, sucka.