Sunday, December 04, 2005

Judge Not, 'less You be Judged...



I just need to vent...and maybe I need some advice. We live in a VERY close knit neighborhood (probably too close, but still fun). There are four families that are particularly close. The one girl is just really unhappy. She fights with her husband and spanks her 3 yr. old kid with his pants down and her on top of him holding him down in front of everyone. She can be sweet and fun to be around, but she also says mean little things and is sometimes hard to be around.

On Tuesday my friend took the girls up to our park while I tutored for an hour. When she got back, she ran into this neighbor-friend of ours. She was telling her how much fun the kids had up at the park and how well they all got along and how good my girls were. Her response? "Well, of course they were good for you; they don't get any discipline at home." What's up with that? Am I over-reacting that it hurt me that much? I mean, I am definitely not very hard on my kids, but they are most definitely disciplined, and we all have different styles and philosophies of parenting...and we have DIFFERENT KIDS. Mine would never respond to the authoritative style that hers does. Anyway, it really hurt my feelings. It is just one of a few things she has said to me, but this one got to me.

No comments: