Monday, March 13, 2006

Grateful

Today I was unloading groceries with Mikayla after taking Amelia to school and my neighbor across the street was in her new boat checking things out. She saw us and ran over and offered to take Mikayla for a little while. I know it seems like a little thing, but in that hour I got all the bathroom floors swept and mopped, the upstairs vacuumed, all the groceries put away, the area rugs downstairs shaken out AND the stairs swept and polished. She brought Mikayla home so happy and gave her a little break from me too.

I guess my point is that she will never know how much that meant to me...just to have a little break and get so much done. I will remember this forever and a few years from now when my kids are in school, I will return the favor to a mom I see with young kids who just needs an hour break on a random day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this story! I need to remember to do this for somebody one of these days. And...can I say how impressive it is that you got that much cleaning done!! That would take me all damn day. ;)