Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cooking with Chell

When I was in junior high, I found out a perfect way to get breakfast every morning...really compliment the person who is making it, so they WANT to make it for you. So, every morning I would yell from bed, "But Chell, you make the best toast in the whole world. No one makes it better than you." So she would get out of bed and make toast for both of us. Then, it turned into our favorite after school snack too. Again after school, I would say, "Chell, I would make it, but you just do it so much better!"

The thing is, she really did make a NICE piece of toast. To this day it's the best toast I've ever had....until Dad found out how she was making it and put a stop to it. She was buttering the bread BEFORE she put it into the toaster (which makes it taste fabulous by the way) but it shorts out the wires when the butter drips down and is actually a little dangerous. So, the toast days were put to an end.

She is a good little cook though. Maybe it's my toast that got her started. Check out her cookie recipe on her blog (link above). I think I'll try it today!

4 comments:

Chellie said...

...so I thought you were going to do this big post on all the wonderful dishes I can make... but I'll take it!! I was remembering those 4-H days when mom had to make your cookies so you'd get a blue ribbon! haha I'm quite the cook, but don't do it as often as I should... I've been baking a lot though! Oh yes, and remember those grilled cheese sandwiches... mmmmmm... Steph can make a mean grilled cheese and p,b&j. Aren't we quite the talented sisters!!

D said...

I discovered a new grilled cheese recipe. I USE UNSALTED BUTTER.

Chaun, that's really funny. I still do that to dad a lot. Like, I could warm up the spaghetti, but it's sooooo much better when he does it. ;)

D said...

On an unrelated note, I've been listening to a TON of Van Halen lately.

MiandMiksmom said...

Rock on Sammy! I think Little D is getting all razzed up for her trip here...I think it was a subconscious thing...wanting to listen to Van Halen. Hey, how about "Wish You Were Here" by a one-armed guitar player? ;)