Friday, February 02, 2007

Sweet Dreams

Okay, this is hilarious, after I posted this one, Nana sent in a picture of her babies....does it look familiar?
When Mikayla was tiny and in her crib, we would frequently wake up to find Amelia sound asleep in Mikayla's crib holding her little sister. We soon just started putting them both to bed in the crib.


When we got rid of the crib a couple of years ago, we bought bunk beds. They both slept on the bottom bed together. Finally about six months ago, Amelia moved to the top. Well, Mikayla has started crying a little bit at night, and I wondered why she would suddenly stop, but I never went in to check. It turns out Amelia has been climbing down from the top and snuggling with her and tickling her back until she's happy. Or she will wake up her sister and get her to come up to her bed. Now, once again, they just go to sleep together. We don't even try to put them in separate beds. They love each other!




Here is the bed that never gets slept in!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is just about the cutest thing I have ever heard. I hope your girls will always love each that much. What sweethearts. They are so cute Chaun.

Anonymous said...

I love the way Amelia is always taking care of Mikayla. I can't wait to see them this summer. We will have fun going to Cherry Hill, Lagoon and camping.

Anonymous said...

This was really cute, Chaun. I remember when I stayed with you guys last year I was asked to join the bottom bunk... just to tickle their backs.

I'm excited to take them to Cherry Hill too. Amelia better still be up for the blue slides.

Chellie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chellie said...

awe... forget the commercial :-) this should make you cry (and me too)!

Love you to pieces Mia and Mik!!

Jessi said...

What a sweet relationship they have!

Anonymous said...

What cute cats! Oz always wants a hug. Just like Mikayla. Not as precious as Mikayla and Amelia, but it's the best Dad and I can do.

Love my girls, Nana

Anonymous said...

Wheeze farted really loud during our Super Bowl party. It was awkward.

MiandMiksmom said...

D, But did she LOOK cute as she farted? Because, that's all that matters. BTW, Mik tells Nana that she farted every time she talks to her on the phone. Now that's awkward.

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh so hard. It reminded me of the time Amelia left a voice message that went something like:

"I'm fashion. I fart. I'm camping. I fart. I'm fashion. Whoo-hoo!"

They are totally Dave's girls. I won't blame you, Chaun.

Wheeze was actually in the other room, so we couldn't see her face. She probably looked adorable.

WX Ences said...

I love the pic of the girls! My kids have never slept together, they kick and move around too much.
I also loved the post about the commercial that made you cry...I do that all the time. Books, TV shows, songs on the radio...they all have made me cry at least once during the last few months. I think most of it is being pregnant, but sometimes it's just because you need a good cry - what can you do?!?!
-Audri

Anonymous said...

I agree with D. Amelia and Mikayla are Dave's cute little angels.
But I think they get the fart stories from Chaun.

Let's get back to hugs!