Saturday, March 17, 2007

Irritable

Sometimes I'm just irritated with everything. I know it's brought on my feeling overwhelmed or feeling bored, but I think mostly it's brought on by hormones. Seriously, if this kid in my preschool class says, "EXCUSE ME" any louder, while he's actually interrupting and poking me in the hip with his little finger over and over again, I think I'm going to scream.

If my kids keep fighting, I lose it. If I get to the gym late for spin and have to ride the old bike, if I am too tired to give Dave the attention I want to, if I am craving sweets but can't find Dots, if my kids require all my attention too often in the day, I LOSE IT. Some days I just feel irritated with everything.

On another note, I spent a very enjoyable evening last night. I went to pick Amelia up at a school friend's house about 20 minutes away. I recognized the Hummer in the driveway and pulled up to the $700K house and wasn't sure what to expect. I was greated by the sweetest, most down-to-earth mom in the world. Her other little girl is almost one. When she was seven months pregnant with her, she found a lump in her breast and within one week, found out she had cancer, was induced and had a 3 lb. baby girl who had to stay in the hospital. She had a double masectomy, a hysterectomy, started chemo, gained 30 lbs. and lost all her hair...and she's 37. But, she had a beautiful baby and she's healthy now. It kind of puts things in perspective. When she's having a bad day, her four year old tells her, "Mom, at least it's not a treatment day."

So, I guess when I feel irritated, I can remind myself that I'm healthy. My family is healthy and we hare happy. Some days are harder than others, but man, people have been through so much worse. I need to try not to get so irritated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post....puts things in persective!!!

What's the phrase? "Don't sweat the small stuff".

Although, this is my alltime favorite.

"When in danger, when in doubt......run in circles.....scream and shout"! :)

Jessi said...

I'm kind of glad to hear you get irritable, too. :) My cousin's husband is going through chemo now and seeing their struggles do put things into perspective.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your post. Your friend sounds like a wonderful lady and I wish her the best.