Thursday, March 01, 2007

Random Thoughts

I think I have a touch of ADD...maybe even ADHD. I hear it's hereditary (thanks mom and dad), but I see it in my kids too. Anyway, I tried to keep track of my thoughts while I was getting ready for bed last night (15 minutes). Here is a sampling:

I wonder if Eric knows how lucky he is to have a wife (D) who wears the same shirt every day and doesn't spend a fortune on clothes.

I forgot to give Baylor his goody bag from the Tooth Fairy from when he was absent on Monday, don't forget on Friday.

I really want to go to Disney World. Why didn't the AAA travel lady call back today to let me know about deals in May?

Did the moms in preschool know how much I appreciated them today taking the class so Steph and I could have an hour to go to a luncheon?

Did Marla get the heating pad out of her mailbox for Doug's back and did Kaitlyn's fever go down?

How did I forget pajama night at AWANA for Amelia? (Thank goodness Terah called to remind me.)

Don't forget the hula hoop for school Friday.

Why in the world is it okay for everyone to make comments about "staying at home" or spending the work day "locked up in an office out of the sunshine." I just want to reply, "My husband doesn't have a job like yours (athletic director) because he makes sacrifices so that I can raise my kids. I'm sure he'd like to have his only stress be which basketball court to have Pee Wee tennis on so that it doesn't interfere with gymnastics, but I don't have to send my kids to day care." That would be incredibly rude for me to say, but isn't it rude to insinuate that my husband works too hard or has a "lame office job out of the sunshine" and doesn't spend enough time with our kids?

It's going to rain tomorrow. Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to put away winter clothes.

I should sell those soccer shoes at the consignment store.

Should I really put Amelia in cheerleading? Didn't I say I would never do that? Why does she want to do it so bad?

Amelia didn't get a good dinner tonight. I wish I wouldn't have forgotten the pajamas...I had to run home to get them and she didn't get to eat much because we were running late.

I don't know if I can do Girls Night Out tomorrow. It seems like too much stress because Dave won't be home in time for me to go on time. Should I get a babysitter from 6:30 until when he gets home?

Should I work out in the morning or just go to the gym in the afternoon?

I have wrinkles. I don't think Mary Kay is working as well as it used to.

I need to go tanning. My spider veins show up a lot more when I'm not tan.

I think I pulled a muscle in my inner thigh.

Is it too late to drink a Diet Coke?

And that's a sampling of my thought process last night....random thoughts from me.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're nuts.

It's never too late for diet coke in a cup, tanning is awesome, embrace your wrinkles and let Amelia be a jeerleader.

I think at this point Eric would LOVE for me to buy some clothes and look somewhat attractive instead of looking like an unkempt, crazy woman.

Chellie said...

Let her be a cheerleader. I'm all for what the kids want to do and if she tries it and likes it, great! And if she doesn't like it, what will you really lose either way?

As far as cute D is concerned. Eric is not lucky, in fact her obsession with sewing and knitting her own clothing is FAR MORE EXPENSIVE than her shopping for clothes at the store.

...and for all your random thoughts, I think it's normal; they all seemed like rational, everyday events in your life. Your a busy mom, teacher and neighbor!

MiandMiksmom said...

Thanks sisters for your support. I'm glad I'm not crazy (but maybe nuts, as D says)! I was also thinking maybe that's not a sign of ADD, maybe just being a little obsessive with everything...anyway, I wish my mind could slow down.

Jessi said...

You amaze me at how much you can juggle at a time. I guess this is how you do it!

Anonymous said...

I agree with D. Your nuts. But in a very sweet way. I also think Amelia should be a "jeerleader." When she comes to Utah I'm going to teach her some cheers and moves.

WX Ences said...

I love it! I can totally see myself doing the exact same thing!!!! In fact I do it every night before I go to bed and I run through a similar mental check list every morning. CRAZY!!! We're all a little crazy, it comes with parenthood, and life...don't let it get to you! You're awesome!

-Audri

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a lot of thoughts. I say, let her try the cheerleading out if she really wants to. Emily really really really wanted to do soccer and hated it. Now she's doing karate.

Love you - when are you coming??

LC

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am with you on the thoughts, but I usually do them when I am running around in full speed. Doug keeps telling me to SLOW DOWN!! I think I make him nervous because I run over him as I am trying to put dishes away from dinner, get Kailtyn ready for bed, put her to bed, make HIS coffee for the morning, get Kailtyn and myself ready for the morning, clean as I go, take a shower, etc...etc...etc... And yes, you did put the heating pad in the mailbox. My thought in my process...do not forget to give Chaunette her heating pad...ya, see how it works for me? You do not have it yet, do you. I REALLY need to write stuff down.