Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Davey


I cannot believe I am not going to see my Davey for two weeks. Seriously, that is so rough, not to mention that it's over Father's Day. Anyway, it's 3:40AM, and I'm leaving in just a little bit. I've been awake because I am what I refer to as a "nervous flyer." I have spent the last week being a grouch. I worry and have bad dreams and think about everything that can go wrong for a week leading up to my trip. Usually I'm a pretty laid back person, but NOT when it comes to flying. So anyway, this is just an example of why I love my Davey....
Yesterday the girls and I met Dave for lunch in Alpharetta near his office. I had a few things I needed to get done, but I thought since we were down there I could run to Old Navy and return Amelia's shorts and then run next door to Target and buy the girls a toy for the airplane. Well, we did just that, but then as we were leaving Target, I realized I had no keys. I lost them. We went back and forth between the stores and traced our steps. I was getting panicked. I still had dinner unmade for the neighbor, packing to do and no way to drive home. I called Dave and he just said, "Okay, I'll be right there." Seriously, I would have been like, "YOU WHAT?????? HOW DO YOU LOSE CAR KEYS????? YOU WANT ME TO LEAVE THE OFFICE, DRIVE DOWN AND GIVE YOU MY KEY?????" He was flying out on business at 6 last night, so I know it was a total pain. Okay, so my hero saved the day. But, there's more:
So, I'm driving home, and we are saying a prayer thanking God that we were okay (remember, I still had the traveling nerves and was quite frantic and had passed it on to the girls). Then, I call Marla to tell her how she helped me by telling me just the day before about her sermon at church Sunday on peace in stressful situations. I did remember that and turned it into an "adventure" for the kids (slushies and popcorn fed to the birds while sitting on the bench waiting for Dave). Marla then asked what else I had on my key chain (This is the same Marla that is probably now awake ready to drive me to the airport and then work all day...I love her). It then dawned on me that MY GYM PASS with MY NAME is on my key chain. I became frantic. I mean really, anyone would now have about everything they need to get in my house or my cars...and we're going out of town. I then called Dave in a complete panic, but once again, without even raising his voice, he told me to get home, keep calling Old Navy and Target and then call a locksmith to see about changing the locks that night. I can't explain it. He just never gets mad at me...even in all my craziness, he keeps me grounded.
I got home (after about three more prayers) and guess what???? The manager found my keys at Old Navy. They were safe and sound.
So, that's just one of the reasons why I love my Davey. He completes me. Ya, I know that saying is a little corny, but that's how it is. He is the most patient man I've ever known. He loves me competely and I love him. I will miss him way too much!

3 comments:

Jessi said...

It sounds like you will arrive in Utah in need of a VACATION!!!

Chellie said...

oh yes. and we love davey too. i mean really.. who else would put up with you??

haha JOKE.

Love ya chaun. so glad you found dave and got it right the first time. lucky you.

Anonymous said...

You're HERE???? Call me!

LC