Sunday, June 24, 2007

Utah Highlights Week Two

On Tuesday we got to spend time with Wade and Shirley before they went to New York and we drove them to the airport. It is so hard not living by grandparents!



On Wednesday we started the day with a fabulous cousin party at Nan's house. There were six cousins (including me) and 19 kids! The kids ran and played and had so much fun and the moms laughed and told embarrassing stories (I will post mine, I can't believe I haven't yet). It was just like old times when we were young and all running around together in Panguitch!



In the evening we went to my parents' house for dinner and a swim. I got to see more cousins (John and Jim) and just hang out. It makes me realize once again how much I miss being able to hang out with family!
On Thursday Josh and Abby took us to the zoo. The while alligator was awesome and we had a great time! I can't believe I won't see Josh for over two years!




That night I met Dave's friends (well, after 14 years, they are my friends too---I actually love these guys) for dinner.


Friday I met Martha, my dear teacher friend from FJH my first four years of teaching. We taught right next to each other and both taught 8th grade English. We loved to collaborate on things and I also love to just talk to her. She has two grandkids that she takes care of, so she brought the girl my girls' age, and it was fun!


Saturday we got to take a trip to Sam's Club with Granddad to buy snorkels and then spent the entire day swimming with D and Eric and Joshy. Amelia is swimming the entire length of the pool and back! Mikayla wants her floaties off, but she still needs a lot of help. They also made really cool crafts with Nana. Later we went to D's neighbor's house for a BBQ (See, I didn't forget Utah Lingo).

Monday I headed to Lucky Candice's new house, which is spectacular. It was great to see her. We figured out today that we have been friends since 1996 in U of U married student housing and then ended up neighbors in WX...crazy!
BTW, Amelia took this photo, and I'm not sure why it's blurry. I am also not sure why I seem so tall...the picture of Martha and me is funny too....oh well!
I cannot wait to see my dear husband tomorrow, but I've loved every minute here in Utah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you! I'm glad we were able to get together. That photo SUCKS!

LC

Chellie said...

The cousin party looks so fun! Mom said there will be another one when I am up there in July. We are so lucky to have such cool cousins!

I'd take Abby and Josh to the zoo too if they packed around my kids... haha. I enjoyed hanging out with them as well, it was so fun.

...and you, my dear sis, are one hot momma.

love you!

Anonymous said...

I miss my girls! The house is so quiet you could hear a mouse.....honestly.

Jessi said...

What a fun trip!!! Too bad we didn't run into each other while we were there. :) I guess we'll just have to get together when you're back in Georgia!