Saturday, December 29, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!

Dave is 36 today! Wahoo! I am so grateful for him and for all he does for our family. We have been married eleven years, and for eleven years I have felt like the luckiest girl in the world to be married to him....even during the hard times, the good times are so good that they overshadow the difficult. There is no one on earth I would rather be with.

I love that he is crazy, even though sometimes it drives me crazy.

I love that when I met him there wasn't a "girly" thing about him and now I watch him do the best ponytails ever, explain to his mom exactly what High School Musical is and who is in it, and even play Barbies.

I love that he never gets mad at me over things that I would come un-glued over...like denting the car for example.

I love how much he is respected at work. Dave is not a "bossy boss" and everyone loves him so much. He does everything he can for his people to get "exposure" to those above, even if it puts him in the shadow a bit. He puts in extra time so a lady who works for him could go home to India for the holidays; he has helped another lady battle cancer, divorce and still trying to hang on to her job. He is never flamboyant, and as a result it has gained him respect that I am amazed by every time I meet someone he works with.

I love that when he cleans out his closet he carefully makes a pile for the five boys across the street of anything "cool." Then I love that he gets excited when he sees them wearing them (which is all the time!)

I love the way he loves me and our kids.

I love the way he makes breakfast when we are camping.

I love that he makes the bed every day.

I love that he knows so much about everything. He can talk to anyone, in any position and make them feel completely comfortable.

I love that when I don't understand something (usually history, investing or politics) and he can explain it so that I understand it.

I love that he trusts me with all the finances and never questions or second-guesses my decisions.

I love that he works hard so I don't have to and I can be home to raise my kids.

I married my best friend, and I am so blessed to have found him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVEY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave is such a stud. I'm glad you married him, too.

Happy Birthday Dave!!!

Jessi said...

I hope you have an awesome day together! Happy Birthday to Dave!

Chellie said...

Dave is a totally awesome dude. He's always been not only respected by his co-workers, but family and friends. He is so great and I hope he had a happy birthday!!

Did he get our gift? I hope so!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Super Dave! I'm happy your in our family.

Anonymous said...

Hold everything!!! He makes the bed???? Where can I get me some of that?

Happy b'day old man...

LC