Thursday, June 05, 2008

Charlotte Update

I have a minute to update our week get-away. It has been so nice to not have to worry about keeping the house clean for people walking through (even though no one has). It is so hard to constantly be telling the kids to keep things nice when it's summer and we are home and they should be able to make messes! So, I've had no cooking, cleaning and laundry all week long.



After the cab experience, I drove Dave to work yesterday and had a plan to check out the elementary school of where I thought we would move and then check out neighborhoods if I liked the school. So we drove to the school (it is actually in SOUTH Carolina, but right across the border). The school is good...a little too structured, and my kids will HATE uniforms (remember all the fashion posts???), but it will probably be good for them. So, we went ahead and drove to my first neighborhood and fell immediately in love with it. I mean...immediately. It makes all of this a lot easier. It is also a small town. I would compare it to Logan, Utah. I could be wrong, because I haven't even seen the downtown part of it yet. This is actually quite a distance from the downtown, so I never even saw it, but I would say downtown Fort Mill is probably comparable to Logan. We would live in the Indian Land part of Fort Mill.

Anyway, I just feel better. AND to top it all off, I talked to Miki this morning and she made an "appointment" to talk to the girls about their room colors, using paint cards and her brilliant ideas, and that's all it took. The girls are so excited to have new bedrooms any color they want (with Miki's help of course) and it reminds me that it is just not that big of a deal to them. They just want hot-pink and purple Hannah Montana bedrooms with guitars on the walls. (Don't worry, Aunt Miki will steer them in another direction!)

3 comments:

robin said...

Sounds like your going to like it. I hear you on the selling a house thing I hate that.
Tell the girls I vote pink and purple rooms with the guitars on the wall sounds rockn'

Jessi said...

What a relief not having to constantly keep your house clean! That is my idea of hell. :)

Clanturner said...

I found Hanah Montana Wall Stickers at Birthday Express. They are big and their was a purple guitar. I thought of you when I saw it. How did you find a house and neighborhood you like so fast? That is always such a stressful thing for me. I always just want to set up a tent and live in the neighborhood, go to church, school, etc for a few months before I get a house. I am sure the girls can find a way to create their own style, even in a uniform, maybe they can paint their nails funky or put streaks in their hair.