Thursday, August 21, 2008

Freaking Out!



I hate the first day of school. I know it's exciting, and the kids are excited, but seriously, I didn't sleep more than an hour last night. I am sooooooo nervous...at least ten times more nervous than my kids, especially Amelia. I hope their teachers are nice. I hope they meet a friend. I hope kids are nice. I hope they eat enough. I hope they learn. I hope they aren't tired. I hope they feel good. I hope the teachers sees what good girls they are. I hope they aren't scared...it goes on and on.







The thing about having two kids is that when the first kid goes to Kindergarten, of course you are a mess, but it doesn't get easier with the second one, because that's your baby and so it hits you just as hard that your baby is going to kindergarten. Now add the fact that we are in a strange new town, in a strange school where no one knows us and there isn't one familiar face in the crowd (and it's a CROWD), and I'm a mess!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to follow-up with how everything went! The girls are gorgeous as always and I love the post about callouses.

Moxie

WX Ences said...

I am sure your girls will be just fine! They are such well behaved, well adjusted individuals...they'll have no problem making friends and fitting in!

It's always harder as an adult because we have more fear! Our kids relish new opportunities and experiences....we have so much to learn from them!!

And don't worry, I have man hands too! Yeah for callouses!!

Jenn said...

Hey- long time no see. I have wondered about you. I found your blog on Candice's. It is so good to see you. This is Jenn Davidson by the way. I have missed you. Your girls are darling. You need to send me your email so I can send you an invite to my blog. We can check up on each other through blogs. You look so good by the way!!!
Jenn
(joseph_davidson_4@msn.com)

Nan said...

I never thought I would be sad to see my kids grow up but now I know I'm done every little thing is more special. Your girls are so cute.
I love the callous story. At least there wasn't dirt in your finger nails. I still can't believe he said that b/c you have always had such long beautiful hands.

robin said...

Your girls look so cute heading to school! I feel your pain it's so hard to step out of your comfort zone. When we first moved to Vegas Brennen cried in the car every day for the first week of school. I would make him get out and then cry all the way home. (I'm about to cry just thinking about it)
And whats with making the crazy schedule. Hope you get the right girl to school on the right day at the right time. I'm sure I would fail.
Wish I could see you guys did you go to Utah this summer?