Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kindergarten, Baby

After dropping Mik off at 7:00 A.M. for her first day of kindergarten, I took Amelia on a "date." We showered and got ready and went to the library and lunch and was nowhere near a radio or news station.
Imagine my surprise when I picked up my kindergartner on her first real day of school and found out that she spent hours in a tornado shelter.
I'm grateful for two things:
1. Mikayla thought it was a drill, so once again, I think her teacher is awesome because the kids weren't scared.
2. As crazy as the tornado was in Georgia while my parents were visiting, at least she was prepared and knew what to do.
She had a great day!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

You kids are so cute!!! They could be models like their mother. Good thing kids are oblivious to some situations. It is good they know what to do in scary situations like that! Take care!!!

WX Ences said...

That is awesome...great teachers rock!!!

robin said...

A tornado on the first day of school?! Exciting and scary at the same time.