Monday, August 11, 2008

It's a Home...Almost




The boxes are unpacked. The pictures are hung. The girls are happy in their own rooms after five years of sharing one. We had our first houseguests this last weekend. We played hard at the pool and even got Mik to go down the waterslide, thanks to Doug's help and my bribery. We found the grocery store, library and the post office today. The girls are registered for school and dance (which they insisted on doing). I think it's a home! We just need to be here a little longer and have more RELAXED time...
On another note...my kids are so sad that they didn't start school today with all their friends. It broke my heart, but I think they will be okay once their school starts next Thursday. Amelia likes her uniform shorts so much that she wears them now with her "fashion" shirts. I think it will all work out...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chaun- I love your house. WE MISS YOU so much!! Looking forward to hanging out in a couple of weeks.

Love Ya,
Jen

Jessi said...

You even have a flag hung up! You must have been going at mock speed to get everything done. I am so impressed!!

robin said...

Your house is so cute! I love it, it looks so southern. It'll be home before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great house. Inside photos please??

And seriously, the flag is already hung up. You are soooo OCD.

Moxie Candice

MiandMiksmom said...

Jen-I miss you more than you'll ever know! I can't wait for y'all to come up.

Jessi-Yes, the flag was the last thing we did...the pole is actually way to long and is hitting the covered porch roof-thing...oh well!

Robin--oh, so southern! I forget that it probably looks a little weird to my Vegas cousin!

Moxie-I just sent you a bunch of inside photos to your email. And yes, I am so OCD...so very annoying.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see my bedroom! mom

The Roe Family said...

So cute. Can't wait to pics of the inside and get some decorating tips.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It looks bitchin'. I can't wait to come out. I'm thinkin' 30 days or so in the Spring. Will that be a problem?

Anonymous said...

Rick just let me know when those 30 days are so I can overlap that with another trip to India.


Dave

Nan said...

Beautiful home! I love it.Does it have a pool, did you say? Or did you just go to the pool...

Waiting for more pictures.