Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Our Defense is Dazzlin!




Amelia came home today and started telling me something like this:
"Mom today this girl in my class Lauren was SO BRATTY. She said she would go to breakfast with me but I had to go to the store with her first. So we sat in line at the store for a super long time and she kept telling me how her ring was so cool and expensive and cost $49. Then she showed me all her money that she had to spend at the store and asked how much I had, but I didn't have any. When it was finally her turn she bought a pen that writes in pink, purple and blue and three erasers. She gave the erasers to her best friends, but she didn't give me one. It took so long that we ended up not getting to go to breakfast. When we went back to the class she showed the teacher her ring and told her this big story about how it was her moms when she was a girl but she already told me that her mom bought it for $49. She was so bratty and I didn't get anything from the store or get breakfast."
I replied, "I'm so sorry that she is such a bratty girl. That makes me feel bad too. Maybe you can find someone nice to hang out with tomorrow."
Amelia said, "Mom, don't worry. I've had LOTS OF PRACTICE dealing with bratty girls. It's okay."

2 comments:

Jenn said...

It is too bad anyone has to get practice with bratty girls, but I think we all have had practice. Girls can be bratty. Unfortunate

Jessi said...

Oh the drama! My girls (especially Emily) come home and tell me very similar stories. Why can't little girls all just be nice to each other?