Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Trick or Treat and Girl Scout Camp






Thanks Aunt Chellie for Amelia's costume...you can see how much she loved it...even though she wouldn't wear the wig! The girls love it when we dress up! The girls got SO MUCH candy. And yes, I've been digging through it to find all the Almond Joys, Peanut M& M's and Butterfingers...and eating them daily.

We woke up so early the next morning and headed up to the mountains of NC to go to Girl Scout camp.


















S'mores, Troop 42 cheers at roll call (I let the girls make up their own and it went something like "TROOP 42! AH CHOO!!!!", 48 Daisies and Brownies in a cabin...including one who threw up in the middle of the night....equals a lot of nighttime fun!








During the day we hiked and went to workshops. This camp was the home of the REAL Terabithia...you know, the land where fairies live...shhhhh!!!!! We were pretty sure we saw a fairy with pink wings fly over us. Amelia was sure that Tinkerbell that actually LIVES in Disney World must have just had a cabin here.
















And my fabulous husband cooked EVERY meal and snack...I mean, prepared, served and cleaned up, just in time to start the next one, for 250 girls and 50 leaders, with only five other dads. Man, I love this guy.
We also went to Science and Arts and Crafts workshops...they were too little for canoeing and rock climbing, but it was still fun.







The balloon races in science were cool, but the greatest was watching the Diet Coke shoot out of the plastic bottle if you drop a Mentos in there...there was some real scientific reason, but we missed that part... the explosion was really cool though!















My brave little Daisies...only 4 out of 10 were strong enough to brave the cold (at least at night), the hiking, a night away from their bed and lots of bugs....

5 comments:

Clanturner said...

I love the halloween costumes and the GS camp. I had to laugh about you sneaking the almond joys, peanut m&m's, and butterfingers, since I was doing the same thing while I was reading the blog. I have been eating them for the last 4 days. Those are the only ones I eat, maybe I will grab a snickers if it's within reach, but definatley worth digging for Almond joys!
Love ya!

Jenn said...

Oh how fun! My girls would have loved that camp, and would have probably see similar fairies. I think I have eaten all of my girls snickers. I am so glad I have eaten them all, so I will stop eating them!!!

Jessi said...

What an adventure!!

Nan said...

What a fun time for your family. They look like they are having the time of their lives. I love that you were at Terabithia. I imagined it up in Oregon or somewhere.

Love the costumes. My kids love when we dress up too. I think I was the only adult besides Jim who dressed up and walked around.

walkinourshoes said...

Hi Chaun,
I finally figured it out that I can click on your name and get to your blog. I am still trying to figure out blogger and facebook, stuff. Your Halloween, family photo is cute. Craig says, he approves of Dave's costume. Your girls are getting huge. We can't wait to see you at Christmas.
Love, Koe