Friday, December 12, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

I've had to work hard to get all of our traditions done before we fly to Utah Tuesday...cards out early, ornaments bought, and the gingerbread houses!!!!!

So, I had them all ready to go, and the kids were excited...for about ten minutes. Then, their friends came over and wanted to go to the fort, so they didn't want to finish at all...ughhh... So, I sat all the friends at the table and had them help!


Carter and Amelia were experts on making patterns on the roof. Evan was the expert on making sure the little people were standing up and making "Christmas lights" right under the roof on Mik's house. Lexie was the expert on checking everything out and Mikayla was the expert on tasting all the candy.

Here are the fabulous results (and then they were off to play!!!)






3 comments:

Jenn said...

I love them! I hope you have a wonderful time with your family! You guys are great and have a safe flight!

Nan said...

I love this tradition your family has. I need to do it again, it's been a couple of years.

As to the gift dilemna... I would have loved for a mom to have organized something like that! It is hard for me having so many kids and so many teachers. I honestly know that teachers appreciate it and I do gifts when I can but I also have told myself I cannot stress over all of it. They really do get a lot of "little" items. Money is the best way to go. I love to get "Wendy's" gift certificates b/c a teacher once told me she loved it. I better get on this...

I can't wait to see you! Today is the day! It is even on my calendar.

Dave Riddle said...

Man and I thought my blog was outdated.