Saturday, February 18, 2006

My Mikayla

You know how it's easier to vent about the bad stuff? Well, I did that in a previous blog, so let me now talk about my sweet little two-year-old...
  • She wakes up every morning and yells, "GOO MORNIN'!!!!" and then goes through her drawers to pick out an outfit and completely dresses herself. AND it always matches because everything she owns or wears has to be pink.
  • She never complains about being in the car for at least an hour every day running errands and carpooling Amelia to school. As a matter of fact, the other day in the car she kept yelling, "MOM???, MOM???" I finally turned down the tunes and said, "Yes, Kayla?" and she said, "You're the best mom!!!!" I about started to cry and said, "You're the best daughter!" Now she always tells me, "Mom, you're the best daughter!"
  • She is totally independent...potty trained herself months ago, brushes her own teeth, dresses herself, tells me how she wants her hair done, cleans up after herself and picks up any trash and throws it in the garbage.
  • She makes friends anywhere...the ladies at the grocery store love her and look for her every Monday morning. They buy her little gifts and call her their adopted granddaughter.
  • She is skinny but so strong. She can climb the obstacle course better than any five year old at Pump It Up.
  • She looks in the mirror at her blonde curls and then looks at me and says, "Mom, I want hair like yours...no 'lellow curls, just straight black." I have to always tell her how beautiful her hair is because she just wants to look like Mom and she couldn't be more opposite.
  • When she sees how much fun Amelia has at school, I keep preparing her for school and say, "Mikayla, you will have so much fun at school." She says, "No, I just like to be with Mommy."
  • She knows when she's naughty and it really does bother her...she still talks about scratching that baby at the scrapbook store in Utah (I know Mom and D...it was traumatic for ALL of us). She has named her baby doll Brianne after the baby at Gymboree who she beat up, but now she's sweet to her and always tells her baby doll she's sorry for pushing her off the mat (which is what she did to the real Brianne).
  • She gives wet, slobbery, sometimes snotty kisses all the time.
  • She's a party-girl and loves to visit neighbors and friends.
  • She's so musical and smart. She loves to sing and dance and remembers everything.
  • She makes my life fun and exciting and keeps me laughing.
  • She makes my life complete.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's is ADORABLE! You are lucky to have such a vibrant little girl. You will never be bored - that is for sure! I want girls sooo badly!

Chellie said...

Looks like she can shake it... is it a little girl following in our dancing footsteps???