Friday, May 12, 2006

My Mom

I love my mom. She loves her kids more than any mom I know. The thing about her that I love best is that she wants what is best for them, even if it may not necessarily be best for her (moving across the country, for example) BUT most of all, she just wants us all to be happy.

Mom has been through more than any person I know. She sacrificed so much for her kids, but she didn't give up so much that she has nothing left. She is fun, beautiful, and seriously funny. She is so talented...I will never forget when I had in my head exactly the dress I wanted for Senior Ball and I drew it on paper and mom made it. It was so pretty and I felt like a princess for the night. Who else can do that????? Certainly not me! She is an amazing artist and gardener. She is an animal lover. She has good friends that love her. All the little kids in the ward and neighborhood love her. She is just fun to be around and happy and strong.

Mom, you are the greatest. I hate it that it's not until we are old and have kids of our own that we realize just how good you were (and are), but I have realized it. Mom, you are my everything. You gave me the foundation to stand on. You lift me up and you love me. Words cannot express my feelings for you.
On another note...this is from a cute email that a friend sent:
THE MOMMY TEST: I was out walking with my 4 year old daughter. She picked up something off the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that. "Why?" my daughter asked."Because it's been laying outside, you don't know where it's been, it's dirty and probably has germs" I replied.At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, "Wow! How do you know all this stuff?" "Uh," ..I was thinking quickly, " All moms know this stuff. It's on the Mommy Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mommy."We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information."OH...I get it!" she beamed, "So if you don't pass the test you have to be the daddy.""Exactly" I replied back with a big smile on my face and joy in my heart.
Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:

Chellie said...

Awesome Chaun!! We are very lucky to have our mom! She's amazing.
I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day with Dave and the girls.... or maybe alone on the beach sipping a salted rimmed glass... hmmmm.... I'll meet you there. ;-) love ya chon!

all alli. said...

I love what you wrote about your mom. That story is cute. Today was national birthmothers day, and to celebrate i worked an eight hour shift at my lame job. sigh...how's everything?

Anonymous said...

Your mom is wonderful. I have always thought she was just one of the sweetest, kindest people. I always admired the way she was such a huge fan of you and Chel. That is so important! She has obvioulsy had a tremendous influence on your life and who you are today. Your mom is lucky to have all of you who love her so much. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's day too Chaun! Your girls and Dave, are so lucky to have you.

D said...

Fantasia Leatherthong- UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!

Chellie said...

Update already...