Wednesday, August 23, 2006

My Job

Mikayla enjoying the library center.

Okay, I just need to take a minute to tell my friends about how excited I am about my new job. I really didn't want to go back to work until Mikayla was in Pre-K five days a week and Amelia was in Kindergarten. I thought I had it all worked out, but the director from Amelia's preschool called and asked if I would take the 3 year old, 3 days a week class. I decided to do so, because I have to pay for both girls preschool this year and it would also be fun to be there with them.


We COULD NOT get the alphabet up above the cabinet, until we remembered we had AMELIA to climb up and help!


I've already written about how much I love this school, but I can't believe how nice the teachers are there. Everyone is so excited to be there. I woke up so excited to go to work...this is just the teacher week without kids. The best part is my friend Steph is my assistant teacher, so I get to work with someone that I love. She's so creative and very patient with kids. The other lady who teaches on Tuesdays and Thursdays is new this year too, but has taught preschool for many years.

They let me bring my kids, so they just run around and play and paint...and destroy what we put together. Amelia is our preschool consultant. She was there last year so she knows it all. Mikayla is the same age as the kids I'm teaching (but she'll be in the other class), so we can use her to measure how high to put things and whether or not a three-year-old can REALLY cut out a circle (they can't). It's fun to be out using my brain (surprisingly coming up with a center/play based curriculum based on monthly themes, shapes and colors was a little difficult). Most of all, it's fun to be at work WITH my kids. I'm so excited to meet my 12 little three year olds and embark on this adventure together!

This is the bulletin board where we are going to put the kids pictures in the frames and let them decorate them with circle buttons for the first day of school. I have 12 kids and the Tuesday/Thursday class has 12 kids.

This is the monthly big center we have set up...Home and Family. The kitchen and tool area is so cool! The bottom picture is where the kids are going to decorate frames for their family pictures. The other board is our circle time board with the date, star students and weather.

3 comments:

Chellie said...

Oh My! How adorable!! I think you did a truly amazing job. You have such a great gift and I love to see you use it. It sounds like it is perfect for your girls and for YOU. What a great thing it has turned out to be.
What thrills me the most is that your excitement will be heard loud and clear by the 3-year-olds and the environment will be a happy one.
Thanks for sharing and PLEASE give us an update on the first day of school and throughout the year. The kids are LUCKY to have you.

Jessi said...

I am SOOOOOOO excited!! As the time has drawn near for Emily to go to school I've had some reservations about sending her. Watching my older two leave every morning I was sad to lose another one. But after seeing how much fun she'll have (even if you are unfortunately not her teacher), I am happy for her. And I think I'll enjoy the two day a week break.

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! I would just love to have you for a teacher. Even better - I wish my kids could have you for their teacher! Looks like you are going to have so much fun with these kids. They are so lucky to have you. You do have a gift Chaun. I was an assitant teacher at a pre-school a long time ago and it was so much fun. Can't wait to hear more!