Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sunday Scribblings: Who Else Can I Still Be?

Who else can I still be? So many answers to this question, but the one I will write about today is:
I can still be a PHOTOGRAPHER!

Okay, I know it's not profound or too exciting, but I want so badly to capture my kids just being kids....letting their personalities come through and preserving them forever in pictures. However, looking at my picture albums, nearly every picture is posed...there are my girls, usually in front of the fireplace with big smiles on their faces.

I have a new resolve...I will capture my kids in the moment. Here is my first attempt at Amicalola Falls in Dahlonega, Georgia with friends Jesse and Stevie:




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I would say this is a GREAT start! They look so cute and happy:)

xo

paris parfait said...

I love in-the-moment photos! And you've done very well with yours, capturing the joy of the instant! Lovely post.

Anonymous said...

I love photography - that is very exciting! I am a huge fan of candid shots and don't like to pose my kids. I have learned a few tips that have really improved my photos...
1. get close - the closer the better!!!
2. for outside shooting - the best light is early in the morning or later in the evening - it's the softest light on the skin. I love pics in the shade too.
3. use the rule of thirds - instead of putting your subject in the center of the frame, divide your frame into thirds horizontally and vertically and center them in one of the intersecting points. Your pictures will have more of an impact.

Sorry for the long post - but I am so passionate about this subject and am learning more everday. The three things above have improved my pictures 100%. If you really want to get into photography - get a really good camera - i have the Nikon D70 and I love it. I don't know half the things it does....yet, but am learning. Nikon's new D50 is also an amazing camera for about 1/2 the price.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE action photos.

WX Ences said...

I will never get over how different your girls are, not to mention how old they are getting....time flies!
I loved reading about you and Dave, we knew each other such a short time and there is so much I still don't know, but I love learning about you and there is so much to learn from your updates.
You're wonderful and I miss you guys terribly. You look fantastic and seem extremely fulfilled in your life right now, that is amazing. I am so happy for you.
Wishing you the very best!
Love-
Audri