Monday, July 16, 2007

Amelia is SIX!

Happy Birthday Amelia!

(Here she is modeling the new outfit from Aunt Chellie!)

I can't believe my little girl is six. These are some of the reasons why I love Amelia:

    • When she is completely happy she has this face where she opens her mouth (almost like she's laughing, but with no sound) and closes her eyes, and you just feel the joy!


    • She knows what she wants and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. (Just ask her preschool teachers regarding her wardrobe choice.)

  • She is a peacemaker. I think after dealing with her little sister she can have any career in negotiating or sales.
              • She is sensitive. She is concerned about all of her friends and looks out for them all. The kids gravitate toward Amelia, and I know this is why.
              • She is a mess! She loves to get dirty from head to toe. She loves worms, bugs (especially lightning bugs) and frogs.
              • She is creative. She always pulls out stuff and is starting some new project!

            She is a leader. She lines up all the neighbor kids and teaches them cheers. She also is the game organizer!

                  She is a tomboy, but also a fashionista. She loves to hang with the boys, but will come right in again and put make up on and play dolls.
                  She is persistent. She learned how to tie her shoes, swim and ride a bike within the same couple of months and never looked back!
                  She is loving. She shows so much love to her family that I can never stay mad at her, or really even get mad at her.

                  We are celebrating her big day by having a Build-a-Bear party and then dinner wherever she would like (I'm sure Benihana!) She is wearing the new outfit Aunt Chell gave her and Dave took the day off to hang out!

      5 comments:

      Chellie said...

      Happy Birthday TO YOU!!!
      I loved talking to you on the phone yesterday. I can't believe how grown up you are! You are such a little sweetie... not a day goes by that I don't think of you!
      The outfit looks so good on you Amelia! I'm glad you liked it. Tell your mom to post pictures of your party BEFORE you leave for Dallas!
      Love you! Happy Birthday!!

      Anonymous said...

      Happy Birthday, Amelia!

      Anonymous said...

      Happy Bithday Amelia! It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. I can't wait to see your pictures.
      Cute outfit from Aunt Chellie.... total fashion.
      Have fun in Dallas. I love you

      WX Ences said...

      I can't believe how old they are getting! Clay starts first grade in THREE DAYS!!! How crazy is that?
      I remember bringing them to the zoo together and they were so little...time flies!
      I hope you guys all have a good time!

      -Audri

      Jessi said...

      Happy, happy birthday Amelia dear!!! Hope she had a wonderful day!