Friday, July 13, 2007

A Storm

I have two tornadoes that hit my house spinning each day. I have tried all the tricks. I've taught them to pull out one thing at a time and then put it away. I've helped them make cleaning up a game. I've taught them clean up songs. I have every group of toys organized in baskets to make for easy clean up. I've threatened to throw away toys, not buy any more toys, to put toys in time-out and to lock the playroom door. HOWEVER, this is what the playroom looks like at the end of the day. (Actually, this mess happened in about an hour with the help of two other little girls.)

And as if that weren't enough...I guess because the playroom was so messy, they decided to drag toys into "Nana's room" to make a "slide."

When I was in Utah and at Dave's parents' house, I looked around at how CLEAN everything was. And then guess what I remembered? There are no kids at home anymore. I know there will come a day that I will have all the time in the world to clean and organize, so a part of me wants to just let it go. I will eventually get it cleaned up...it might be fourteen years from now, but I will get it cleaned up.

4 comments:

Jessi said...

...and then you'll miss the messes and wish there were two little people around to play with.

Chellie said...

Dang-it... I knew I should have watched the weather channel... it appears that same storm hit here just moments ago!

Anonymous said...

Your a much better parent than I was, Hon....didn't I throw all your toys away except for a frisbee?...or was it a tennis ball?

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat the small stuff - at least that's what I try to tell myself each day when our toy room is a DISASTER. Oh well. Just close the door and wait for time to clean. So funny that we're all in the same boat!

LC