Thursday, October 25, 2007

Answered Prayers

Isn't it amazing how God anwers prayers that we haven't even asked yet?????? Or, we ask a general thing like: "protect my family" but we have no idea how He is going to do it. Seriously...I am dealing with what I think is an unusual child, but maybe some of you can relate: Mikayla is so crazy and fun and outgoing. She makes people laugh and is EXTREMELY loud, and laughs ALL the time. HOWEVER, when it comes to being in large groups or even just groups where she doesn't know people, she holds my hand with a death-grip and is so afraid. She clings to me, and it's crazy. At the last Mother's Day Tea at her school, her teacher had to hold her when it was her turn to walk the red carpet. It took her seven months to walk into her gymnastics class without the teacher holding her, or mom resorting to threats and bribes. It took her a month to not cry before ballet. (BTW, I would have pulled her out, but she loved it so much once she was in there.)

Sooooooo, I just had accepted her for who she was and left it at that, but I truly feel like God led the family in a different direction this year. I think it's a good thing that I'm not teaching at their school, and Mikayla finally has something that is all her own. There is no one else in the family at her preschool, and no one even knows she has a big sister! I never planned on leaving the preschool last year, but because of circumstances out of my control, I did, and it could have never worked out better than this, which makes me realize that God is always watching out for our little family.

Yesterday Mikayla had her school play. I came loaded with the cameras (I dropped the video camera in a puddle on the way into the school and broke it) and Mik was like a different kid. Right before the show started, I saw the teacher kneeling down and whispering something to Mikayla. In my head I was saying, "Oh, how sweet, she realizes that Mik is shy in front of adults and she's preparing her..." Little did I know, a little girl in her class had just accidentally head-butted another boy and was not going to be able to play her part and the teacher was asking Mik to step in and play both parts. So the next thing I know, Mik is announcing the play, and playing the part of the gloves and the pumpkin (I knew she was the pumpkin, but that was it). She laughed and was loud and giggled, and loved every minute of it. She even knew the lines of the gloves, ("Clap, Clap"). I was one proud mama.


5 comments:

MiandMiksmom said...

I have no idea why the pictures are so small. I wish you could see the smile on her face.

Also, I wasn't sure if it was clear that this was an entirely different preschool than what we were all at last year.

MiandMiksmom said...

I figured out how to fix my pictures. I hope you enjoy them!

Chellie said...

GO Mik! Love the pictures. I'm glad to hear she is growing out of that little phase, I'm sure it was tough on all of you.
I thank God for unanswered prayers all the time.

Anonymous said...

Chaun that is awesome! Your girls are gorgeous (the whole family is really) and I'm so glad things are working out for you guys. It's so great to see the kids develop and grow!!

LC

Jessi said...

Mikayla is a joy! I'm so glad she is enjoying her new preschool. We really need to get her and Emily together again soon.