Monday, October 29, 2007

Most Important


Funny, rich, smart, good looking???? Remember when we were teen-agers and we would think about the most important trait in a future spouse? (I think we had a lot of YW lessons on that topic.) Anyway, I now know what mine is....hard working. That's a picture of my grandpa above. He is the hardest working person I know...actually, he might be a close second to my grandma, but he's still one of a kind.
I am finding that I admire that more and more. I mean, I know it's always been important to me, and I've always gravitated toward high-energy, get things done kind of people, but it seems to be even more important to me now. I just love people that work hard and try hard, even if they aren't the best.

On a related note, here is a photo of Amelia with her cheer bowl trophy. She worked VERY hard, and my uncoordinated little girl, is actually pretty darn coordinated now!


3 comments:

Chellie said...

Grandpa is amazing. I sometimes can't find the words when I think of how hard working our grandparents are, they are definitely one of a kind.

Way to go Amelia!

WX Ences said...

I know exactly what you mean about gravitating towards hard working individuals. I have so much admiration and respect for them. Joe's parents and my parents are very hard working people. Joe is that way. No wonder I love him so much!!!

Nan said...

I agree w/ you about Grandpa. Other traits that comes to mind when thinking of him is gentle, generous and loving. What a great Grandpa! Watching him and Grandma together all these years are a wonderful influence on all of their posterity.