Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Material Girl


Okay, there is this awesome XBOX game where you karaoke to a song and it gives you points if you are on pitch and actually boos you off if you are bad. We had SO much fun playing this. My personal favorites are "Material Girl" and "Uptown Girl." I belt it out as loud as I can and sound terrible, but I guess close enough to the pitch (on easy scoring) that I can at least finish the song.

By the way, Amelia is going in to the hospital tomorrow, so please pray for her. But do you know what is great? She actually started crying tonight because she had to miss school tomorrow. She loves her new school so much. It is the exact opposite of Cornerstone...instead of uniforms, they encourage the kids to dress themselves every morning (Amelia has worn her tie-dyed purple shirt and bell-bottom jeans ALL THREE days this week in a row). Instead of doing seven worksheets a day, they paint and create the coolest crafts you've ever seen, and instead of screaming at the kids and sending them to the director for time-out, they love the kids in an amazing way that I could have never even guessed existed.

My guard is up though, so I'll let you know what I think of it in a month. By the way, for all of you in Utah, be grateful for the schools there. The public schools (at least where I attended and taught in) are better than the most expensive private schools here. If I would have known how bad they were, I don't know if I could have moved. I will not home school my kids though, so we have to get it all together; hopefully this is a start!

3 comments:

Chellie said...

Dude, we totally have the XBOX karaoke! It is really fun... and funny! Damien sings Frank Sinatra and gets the hightest ranking. Ryk and I are still working on not getting booed off.
My thoughts are with Amelia, please call me right away!
Love Ya!

D said...

Omg, that's hilarious.

I hope Pookie is ok. Man, I miss her.

Anonymous said...

I am totally buying this tomorrow now! Looks so much fun! Please let me know how Amelia is. I have been thinking about her all day today.