Friday, January 13, 2006

My Fat Year

Okay, I was never a chubby child until I hit fourth grade and something happened! I like to call it my fat year. I also had the teacher from hell. Her name was Mrs. Keaton and she was young and skinny, and it was her first year teaching. Not only that, but she didn't get hired until about October so they pulled about 12 kids out of the two classes and made a third class. I was perfectly happy where I was before.

Well, one day we had a substitute teacher, and we were all telling Mrs. Keaton about it the next day. The kids were all laughing and telling her that the substitute's arms jiggled when she lead us in the county song. Mrs. Keaton said to the class, "Don't laugh about that. Chaunette, when you are old, your arms will shake just like that." How rude. I actually ended up teaching her son in Kaysville like 15 years later. I should have told him he was a skinny dork and when he got old, he still would be a skinny dork. But, I didn't.

Here's to you Mrs. Keaton:

3 comments:

Chellie said...

I totally remember that teacher! How funny!?! I can't believe you remember that! If I were you... I'd go kick her butt!

Anonymous said...

You're just plain hot Chaun! You have so inspired me to get off my butt. I think that is hilarious you had Mrs. Keaton's son as your student. Love it!

Chellie said...

By the way, would that happen to be your "mean face?"