Friday, January 13, 2006

My Baby's Okay

After a terrible day of tests at the Children's Hospital, including the worst possible test you can imagine, we finally have some answers. Amelia is going to be fine. She will take a pill for the rest of her life (or maybe just until puberty) and need to change a couple of things, but she is going to be fine. It is not her kidneys or anything major. I am relieved, but I also hate it that she had to go through that test. I really feel so bad for her.

I went into Amelia's class today as the MYSTERY READER! I read Amelia's favorite book (Caps for Sale) and I got to see first-hand what is going on at school. She is as happy as I thought she was and I couldn't be happier. That school is the best thing that has happened to us in a long time! Amelia was so scared yesterday, but she woke right up this morning ready to go to school!

2 comments:

Chellie said...

Awesome! So glad to hear it! It could be so much worse, so we can't complain... we'll just be thankful and take it as it comes. I just hope she feels better and is not in any more pain.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear she is okay. Let me know if I can do anything for her!