Wednesday, January 04, 2006

My Sweet Amelia


Is there anything harder than having a sick kid? My poor Amelia has been through two ER visits in the last month and three doctor visits, not counting the one tomorrow and the hospital visit on the 12th. We were called home New Year's Eve by the babysitter's mom 40 minutes after we had left her because she was sick again (and bleeding when she went to the bathroom). I know it's not as bad as what some parents go through, but I just want her to feel good again. I know she hurts and does not feel well most of the time, and I don't think she knows that she's not supposed to feel that way.

It is all dealing with her kidneys and bladder and I'm sure we will get answers on the 12th, but until then I just wish there was more I could do for her. She also puts up with a demanding, feisty little sister (that we adore) every day and manages it all with a smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo sorry she is sick. What a sweetheart - and she is such a pretty little girl! I hope everything turns out okay. I'll be thinking of you guys....

Chellie said...

oh.. my little amelia... she's so precious. I send her little things in the mail to let her know I think of her all the time. I am so proud of her. There is nothing worse than seeing your children hurt. Please keep us informed and if there is anything that you need from us... love you!