Thursday, August 02, 2007

Eleven Years


Happy anniversary to the man that I love more than anything in the world! I've already done some mushy-gushy blogs about Dave, so here are eleven little-known facts to commemorate our eleven years together:


1. Dave and I met in 1993 and weren't married until 1996. Dave, as always, is methodical and thorough in making all of life's major decisions.
2. The dress that I wore to the temple my first time is the same dress that Napoleon Dynamite's date wears to the prom. It was also my bridesmaid dresses but in green. I'm so proud.
3. We spent the first three years of our marriage WITHOUT the following: a washer, a dryer, a toaster, a dishwasher, an electric can opener, a microwave, and more.
4. I've been given flowers approximately fifteen times in eleven years. But what he lacks in frivolous gift giving, he makes up for in other romantic ways. Just this morning I said, "Happy Anniversary!" And he replied, "Peace out, Bay-buh!"
5. I out-eat my husband at each and every meal and finish about three times faster.
6. I have out-weighed my husband by at least 50 pounds during two glorious times in our eleven years.
7. Sometimes Dave makes me laugh so hard that I pee. And sometimes I get so mad at him for making me laugh that I yell at him, which is a dumb thing to do when it's just funny.
8. Dave thinks he dances like John Travolta and isn't afraid to show people. I love to dance with him --no inhibitions! I just have a hard time not leading...and offering advice.
9. Dave has no idea just how good (and smart) he really is: at work, as a husband, as a father, as a brother and son, as a friend, and that's what makes him so endearing to everyone.
10. Dave can play songs using gross bodily functions...and they are loud, like a tuba. The girls think it's cool too, so I hope that a family orchestra isn't started some day.
11. I live every day knowing that I married the man who completes me. He understands me, loves me and puts up with me. He is MY everything.

6 comments:

Jessi said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!

Chellie said...

WOO-HOO...
Seems like it was just your 10th.

Dave is awesome! No doubt about it!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both!

Dave...love the shorts!

Dave Riddle said...

Congratulations, I don't think I have ever met Dave but I guess he completes me too.

Anonymous said...

That's really sweet. You are livin' the dream!

Congrats!

LC

Anonymous said...

I always have loved you and I always will. By the way we both know I am the best dancer wherever I go. - Dave