Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Great Outdoors

I love camping. I love everything about it (well, not packing up). I love to get all set up and sit by the campfire and make a yummy dinner because no matter what we have, everything tastes good in the outdoors. One time Dave and I were camping in Arches (pre-kids) and brought two cans of chili and a loaf of bread. We didn't have a stove and we forgot a can opener. We used a knife to open the cans and sternos to heat it and dipped the bread in the chili and it was fabulous! We are much more advanced now, but it doesn't even matter!

Then we make s'mores....mmmm, s'mores! This last weekend at Tallulah Gorge, we invited the neighbor boys camping next to us to join us. The girls made friends with them and ran around playing flashlight tag and even played Monopoly in their camper (we just have tents). Then the girls snuggle up and go to bed and Dave and I get to sit by the fire....no TV, cell phones, computer, or dirty house to distract. We can star gaze and just hang out.

I love to hike the next day. It's invigorating and beautiful. The girls are troopers and do so well, especially Amelia. We gather leaves and learn about all these cool things in Georgia that someone from another state doesn't know about. In Utah, my favorite place by far is Arches. It is the most beautiful place in the world. I can tell you the name of every arch and how to get to it. I love to mountain bike there and just be there...I miss it, but we are finding beautiful places here too.


2 comments:

Chellie said...

I love arches.
I think we can always find beauty all around us... but really, Utah is truly amazing.

robin said...

Chaun I heard that you were heading to Utah for thanksgiving. is this true?