Thursday, January 10, 2008

Dreams

I was just telling my dad about how much more enjoyable bedtime reading is now that my kids will read/listen to chapter books that Dave and I actually enjoy reading! Junie B. Jones is the greatest. She is a modern-day Ramona Quimby.
Anyway, I recently had a conversation with Jessi about her girls watching Harry Potter. I was telling her what whimps my girls are...they are afraid of Cinderella because of the stepmother, Nemo because of the shark, Enchanted because of the dragon, etc. We are safe with Little Bear, Barney, and The Big Comfy Couch (or whatever that's called)...seriously.
So, getting back to Junie B.... On Monday night Dave had gone to the gym and it was 8:30. The kids had been asleep for about 45 minutes. Amelia woke up screaming "MOM!!!" and crying. I ran upstairs and tickled her back and changed her pajamas (they were soaking wet from sweat and tears). I knew she had had a bad dream, but she couldn't remember it or didn't want to talk about it. She had fallen asleep again, so I started walking down the stairs. Then she yelled to me, "But Mom, what if they make a mess when they cut Mikayla's hair???" It then dawned on me that we were on the Junie B. where she plays "hairdresser" and cuts her hair. She ended up having a full-blown nightmare over it. I mean, it's Junie B...really????
My guess is it will be another fourteen years before we can sit down and watch Harry Potter as a family.

8 comments:

M said...

I laughed so hard reading this. I love how the nightmare is about bad hair. I have those all the time.

Anonymous said...

Ya never know what is gonna set them off!

Get a book of O. Henry and read them the Randsome of Red Chief.

If you can read it without going into hysterics...then I'll buy dinner in March, otherwise the trip is on you.....c'mon, dare ya!

Roger That said...

This is so funny! I love reading your blog. Your girls are so cute and sounds like life is great in Georgia! Amelia must be a Tebbs because only a Tebbs girl would have nightmares about their hair:) So cute!

Chellie said...

Oh... my poor sweet Mia-pie. Tell her that her Auntie loves her! Also, let her know that I give Vaseline "perms" and haircuts for free...

That will for sure be a way to make her feel better about having bad hair.

MiandMiksmom said...

Dad, I think that's what's wrong with us...I'm pretty sure our favorite bedtime story shouldn't have been Ransom of Red Chief!!!!

Megan and Michelle...be glad you have boys.

Chell, I already told Amelia all about your "beauty salon" when you were her age. That seriously made her laugh, even though she was scared to death of bad hair.

MiandMiksmom said...

Jenni, you are totally right about the Tebbs thing... aren't girls difficult...especially when they come from the Tebbs clan????

Kate said...

I'm so glad that you like my playlist!!! Yes, it is a little crazy that you have the same tastes...I mean, who groups Def Leppard and Radiohead together besides me?? We MUST get together. However, my girls...or Sydney (since Addyson's too young) loves stuff that SHOULD be scary....she's obsessed with Scooby Doo of all things! But, she did have a nightmare last night that someone stole her Barbie Nutcracker movie. I can see her having a nightmare about a bad hair day when she gets older. I have that one too! She loved Enchanted, though, and I'm still taken aback by her obsession with Scooby. It really is an obsession....it's the only thing she wants to watch. I don't mind, though b/c I like it too! ha ha.
Kate

Nan said...

That's great! I wish my dreams were just about bad hair. Must not have too much Tebbs in me.

Chaun, you must thank your Dad for the great books he read you. That's why you are so smart!