Thursday, January 24, 2008

Overheard in January



Kids say the funniest things. Sometimes it's all I can do to not bust up laughing. Not a day goes by that my kids don't say something that is hilarious (although they don't mean it to be!) I try to remember it all, but this is a sampling of this month's family discussions!

Amelia: When I grow up I want to be a hairdresser or a car wash girl!
Amelia: I want to start a new fun thing. From now on everyone needs to wear their fancy clothes to dinner.
Amelia: I can’t believe I have such a long weekend because of Luten Knee Chino. Me: WHAT???? Amelia: You know Mom, Luten Knee Chino Day on Monday. (Martin Luther King , Jr. Day---I finally figured out after much thought.)
Mikayla: I love Doritos so much, I love them as much as my American Girl Doll, maybe more.
Mikayla: DO YOU WANT ME TO HAVE A BAD DAY?????? BECAUSE I WAS GOING TO HAVE A GOOD DAY BUT YOU KEEP RUINING IT FOR ME!!!!!!!!!
Mikayla: Mom, my tap shoes were very tappish today.
Mikayla: Is it tomorrow yet today?

These photos are from our Daisy Fashion Show! The girls got to choose their favorite dress up outfit to wear. Amelia painstakingly put hers together for about an hour the night before. I'm not sure what she was, but she was FABULOUS!

9 comments:

WX Ences said...

It never ceases to amaze me the things kids say! I love the comment of Mikayla's about making her have a bad day!!! Priceless!!!

I miss those good old days of going to the zoo, or the park, as well. Life was so much less chaotic then!! We had some good times, the kids had some good times, life was good! I miss you guys!!!

Jessi said...

Your kids are so fun. I want to use Mikayla's bad day comment to my kids someday. :)

Kate said...

so cute. I'm totally laughing right now!!

Catherine said...

I also love the good day gone bad comment. Definately one for the books. Keep blogging and I'll keep reading. :-)

Nan said...

You are so great to write them down and remember them. I need a blog just for this purpose. I love the comment about having a bad day. I think that will be my new saying.

I have a good life said...

How funny! Kids are can sure bring a smile to our faces! :) Great blog!

Tauna said...

oh my word.... john and I got a good laugh out of this one! those two sure do say funny things. you are such a good mother to record these. your family will love it in the future!

Clanturner said...

What cute girls. You are too funny. I bet your house is so much fun. I wish I was in your Daisy Group. The fashion show rocks!

Roger That said...

You Crack Me Up!!!