Saturday, January 06, 2007

Cheapskate

I'm all about saving money and looking for generic, "no-name" products that are cheaper but still high quality. Some things I just cannot find a good replacement for (Windex, Cascade, Hidden Valley Ranch, Diet Coke, and Bounce, for example). However some generic brands are great (Kroger Oatmeal, Kroger baby wipes, Kroger multi-grain waffles, and the "fake" Pledge, for example). I use Lysol and Clorox wipes all the time, depending on which is on sale the same time I have coupons, but then I decided to try these:

They are half the price of the other wipes on sale and they work GREAT! They are also thicker and wetter, so you don't use as many at a time. Just thought I'd let you know!

2 comments:

WX Ences said...

These little tips are great to know. I appreciate it...who can't afford to save a little money here and there?!?! Even if I had a more money I wouldn't want to feel like I'm wasting it on high priced products that are just as effective, or ineffective, as the cheap stuff...anyhow, enough of that soapbox!

Sorry I haven't been posting for a while, I'm having camera issues. I loved the pics and posts though. It is great to stay in touch this way, it makes me not feel so isolated...

-Audri

Jessi said...

Awesome. I saw a 20/20 recently where they took a group of people that always buy name brand products and had them do a taste-test with the name brand vs. store brand products. It was sooooo funny because over half the time they PREFERRED the store brand product. So, not only are you saving money, you are also getting a better product!