Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Overheard



So, Dave is out of town all week and I'm tired. Even if Dave is late coming home from work, he always lessens the load...bathing kids, reading stories, brushing teeth, whatever. So, when he's not here, I'm tired. Did I already say that?

I put the kids in the bath and I used the time to run downstairs and get the dishes done and lunches made and whatever. I hear screaming, so I flew up the stairs in about three seconds. I run in the bathroom to see blood streaming down Mikayla's face. As I start mopping it up, I notice that the wound is tiny, but deep and on her forehead so there was a lot of blood. Then I looked at the bathroom. WATER WAS EVERYWHERE. Apparently they wanted to see what would happen if they used the shower head and sprayed the bathroom. Or maybe they were seeing how far it would spray. Then Mikayla wanted to pretend she was ice skating, so she got out of the tub, slipped, and that's where I came in.

I wanted to cry, scream and yell, but controlled myself and said, "Girls, what would you do if you were the mom? What would you do if your girls did this to bathroom and then got hurt doing it???????" Amelia quietly responded, "I would be the mom who mopped up the bathroom so the kids could have lots of fun in the bathtub."

I'm tired.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that was really scary, but made me laugh so hard at the end. They are the spunkiest kids, Chaun. I can't believe Amelia said that.

I can't wait to see you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing.

all alli. said...

Wow...I bet you are tired.

Jessi said...

I doubt you were laughing at the time, but that is really funny (except for the fact that Mikayla got hurt.)