Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Had a Booth in a Street Fair

I think I have an entrepreneur spirit. I'm always looking for fun ways to make money...it started with selling hot pads and cross stitch ornaments when I was about ten. It continues today with tutoring and tennis. I love to make things too. Right now I've made about 10 pairs of furry flip flops, but I think that will be for goody bags for Amelia's summer birthday party.

About three years ago I was really into making hair bows. I made them with buttons and alligator clips on the back. I specialized in Hallween bows since it was September. Anyway, someone saw them and asked if I would sell them at the Fall Festival. I made a whole bunch of them and combined with my mom's incredible talent of beading little girls' bracelets and sold them all at a booth at the festival. My mom made most of the money, but it was fun...not fun enough to do it again though. I'll stick with tutoring, tennis and furry flip flops!

5 comments:

Jessi said...

Will you teach me???

MiandMiksmom said...

Jessi, I am going to give you a bag of bows...my kids have decided they won't wear them anymore and they are so cute! BTW, this one pictured is not one that I made...just similar to mine without the corkscrew curls.

Chellie said...

That is cute, fun and festive! I like bows as long as they are really small. Maybe you can save a couple for me if you have small ones! ;-) Big ones are too overwhelming... what else ya got? :-)

Unknown said...

I love these stories! keep em coming...

xox

Anonymous said...

I remember when you made bows while you were pregnant with Amelia. They were really cute.