Saturday, January 20, 2007

Haven't We All?

Now I have this feeling of things being unfinished until I finish off my list of 150 things. Don't worry (because I know you are), I will blog about the interesting ones in detail. But these are the things I think we've all done, but I'll post about it anyway:

Eaten Fried Green Tomatoes: Yep, I moved to Georgia, and yep my neighbor is an 85 WWII vet that loves to garden and brings over green tomatoes! (He actually just moved, and we miss him...and his vegies.)

Touched a Cockroach: Yep, I live in Georgia; I mean, I didn't want to touch it, but I picked it up thinking it was a toy of some kind. I've also stepped on a few.

Had Your Picture in the Newspaper: Not for anything really cool, but for dancing (mainly Super Steppers) and PTA (when my mom was the president or something and I was holding a Snoopy fundraiser sign), and for a 5th grade "Wooden Shoes" performance, and when I won "Hope for America" and when my NAL team took district....I don't know what else, maybe a couple other times.

Eaten Sushi: Love me some California rolls and pretty much any other roll, not big into anything else.

Ridden a Horse: My dad was a bull-rider and my mom was a former rodeo queen, enough said.

Fired a Gun: Yep, my dad was a bull-rider and a little bit of a red-neck. (love ya, dad) He taught me how to fire a .22 when I was about eight.

Broken a Bone: My collar bone (bicycle when I was five), thumb (about age 14 on the trampoline), fractured wrist (in a drill team competition in 11th grade), cracked growth plate in my ankle (9th grade volleyball). I think that's it.

Broken Someone's Heart: Yep, I did that too. Mine was broken too though, by Eric Brenchley...don't laugh Jayme and Chell.

Sung Loudly in the Car and Didn't Stop When Someone was Looking: Every day, my girls too

Raised Children: Well, I am in the process.

Performed in Rocky Horror: I grew up in a college town...we went to campus a few times to do that....overrated.

Been on a Cruise Ship: When I was 20 I went with a bunch of Rebelette friends...fun! I want to go with Dave now though, bad.

Bought a House: Yep. I had one weekend to find a house in a state I had never visited that was clear across the country. God was looking out for me on this one...talk about a leap of faith.

Kissed on a First Date: Yep.

Eaten Shark: I'll try anything, once.

Recorded Music: My orchestra recorded a CD at the Mt. Hood Orchestra Festival. I also made a cassette with friends (Jayme, you were there) in some little booth. That totally counts.

Been to Las Vegas: Many times, Dixie was 1 1/2 hours away. My favorite visit there was my honeymoon though.

Performed on Stage: Many times....talent shows, dancing, violin, musicals, I don't know, but lots more.

Rafted the Snake River: Many times...Jayme, remember our trips and the time that Jeff fell in on purpose and then froze? I went every year with Girls' Camp and then went with friends and then took Dave....love it!

Won First Prize in a Costume Contest: This was a very proud moment...last Halloween Dave was Napoleon and I was "Napoleon's girlfriend." We totally won. BTW, did I spell Napoleon right, and if not, how do I run a spell check on my post?

Made Cookies from Scratch: Hardly ever, but I have.

Crashed a Party: Yep, a few times.

Gotten Married: Yep.

Toured Ancient Sites: Lots of Native American sites...I guess that's ancient. I was fascinated by hieroglyphics.

Fallen in Love and Not Had Your Heart Broken: Dave, I love you.

Gone to a Drive-In Theater: Not until I met Dave. We were cheap. I would hide in the backseat with lots of sleeping bags covering me up and Dave would only have to pay for himself.

Played in the Rain, Played in the Mud, Kissed in the Rain: All at the same time.

Played Touch Football: Yep.

Lounged Around in Bed All Day: When I had the flu, before kids, of course.

Sung Karoke: I'm so good at singing "Material Girl" that the song might be retired.

Pretended to be a SuperHero: Every day.

Alphabetized my CD's: And DVD's, and books and photo albums, and cookbooks, and coloring books, and CD Roms and pretty much anything else that can be alphabetized.

In a Restaurant, Sat at a Stranger's Table and had dinner with them: I lived in the dorms and we had to eat at a cafeteria. That totally counts.

Taken a Midnight Walk on a Beach: I loved Cabo. (Thanks D)

Gone Rock Climbing: Love it...haven't done it in years though.

Taken a Road Trip: Too many times to count. The craziest was the 24 hour drive to Dallas from SLC....I was delirious.

Stolen a Sign: I was almost arrested; actually it was a flashing barricade. Jayme, you totally remember that one.

Danced with a Stranger in a Foreign Country: I loved Cabo; actually Cabo Wabo.

Had Amazing Friends: Still do.

Take care of Someone who was Drunk: Unfortunately

Had two hard drives for your computer: Unfortunately; damn those neighbor boys who brought over disks with viruses.

Actually felt Happy about Your Life: Quite often

Danced Like a Fool and Not Cared who was looking: Every time I dance.

Hit a Home Run: Never when it was important.

Ridden a Roller Coaster: Not until I was 19 and went to Lagoon with Jayme and two Mtn. Crest boys and was too shy to say I was scared.

Held a Lamb: A few times

Screamed as Loudly as You Can: A few times

Had a Snowball Fight: Man, I miss the snow sometimes.

Asked out a Stranger: Nothing weird; aren't they all strangers in the beginning?

Had a Food Fight: Yep.

Looked at the Night Sky through a telescope: Beautiful

Given More than you can afford to charity: Fast Offerings were rough

Watched a Meteor Shower: Beautiful

Changed a Baby's Diaper: Hmmmm, for four years straight.

Slept Under the Stars: Many times

Grown and Eaten your own vegetables: not recently

Gone to an Olympics game: Canada and Russia Women's Hockey...too cool for words. So fun!

Stayed up all night and seen the sun rise: Lots of times

Hugged a Tree: yep, weird though.

Said "I love you" and Meant It: every day

Taken a candlelit bath with someone: Gotta love big tubs

Held a Tarantula: I grew up in Bloomington and I had crazy cousins. I also held a snake and a scorpion with those same cousins.

Climbed a Mountain: Lots of times; one time I fell asleep on the hike and Lisa's dad pulled me up to Mt. Logan.

Well, there you have it in detail. I saved a few for future posts!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you too Hon! I was going to get you a .44 for Christmas when you were twelve, but you were into other hobbies by then......hey remember when you were a kid and we were driving to the ranch and I said " hold my beer and watch this"? wooooooooohoooooooo!!!

Anonymous said...

You've done a lot - what a fun life you've had already

LC

Anonymous said...

chaun....i have been laughing so hard! seriously...the flashing barricade! and eric brenchly! I can picture him now in the green garcia's shirt...too much fun.

WX Ences said...

I love reading these because it lets you see a side of people you never really get to see - the 'when we were kids' side. So much changes when you get married and have kids...you get so cought up in living for everyone else.
I loved it.

-Audri

Chellie said...

Eric? Really? I thought you and Jayme would say Josh and Jason... geez, remember them?? :-)

Fun to read too!