Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I've Dyed My Hair


I was 19 and to this point had never touched my hair color. My roommates thought it would be fun to try something on MY hair, so we went and bought a burgundy hair dye. It didn't work. So, we went back and bought another one, left it on for twice as long and tried it again. The result: PURPLE HAIR. It was horrible. (BTW, that is not a picture of me, but the color is not too far from what mine looked like...wish I had a picture!)
I did not dare touch my hair again until 10 years later when Sherrie (my awesome cousin) started adding nice little highlights. I loved them, but then we moved. I had to let someone else do it, and after four years of updating highlights, I no longer had chocolate brown hair...it was chocolate brown hair with blonde highlights! About a month ago, I got rid of all my highlights completely, and I'm back to my original chocolate brown. Call me boring, but I like my natural hair better!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Your hair is beautiful. I keep having the urge to color my hair your color, but I'm afraid it would look fake. Besides, as David says, "I married a blonde."

Anonymous said...

I didn't know this!!! You do have pretty brown hair, but I loved your highlights too.

I obviously learned the hard way not to dye my hair too much. My hair is white blonde again, so maybe I didn't learn... Eeh.