Saturday, October 25, 2008

Order in the House

"Mom, is it tomorrow yet today?"




Mikayla is always keeping track of everything (like the days of the week). She doesn't lose stuff and is tidy! I always find things put in patterns...like in this photo it was tomatoes and soda can tabs!




"Mom I'm sure cotton is made from clouds, not from t-shirts."


And for you Aunt D (and anyone else who cares): Amelia got to wear jeans to school yesterday for her field trip, but had to wear a dress code shirt. She totally spiced it up with the scarf you made her a few years ago and the snazzy boots and belt. I told her that it said "WEAR SNEAKERS" but she didn't care and I didn't have the energy to fight it.




"But it's still night time!"

And finally, here is a shout out to all of my friends who get their kids off to day care and school before 7:00 in the morning. IT IS SO HARD! We leave the house at 6:55, and it just seems cruel to pull kids out of bed at 6, especially when it's freezing. Dave has started going to the gym in the morning instead of the night so he helps with ponytails and shoes...yes, that is service...Mik is laying down watching "Arthur" while Daddy put on her shoes.

4 comments:

MiandMiksmom said...

As a side note...I just went back and read the comments on my last few months of posts. Robin, your comment on the raisin post made me laugh so hard I still have tears rolling down my face...I never saw it back when I wrote it.

LC, I had never read your TV comments either...so true about Whitney and the "deal with the devil." Did you see now she's doing her own show?

Jessi said...

I always get a kick out of Amelia's fashions. She is awesome! And Mikayla so just so darn cute. Sometime we need to get her and Emily together again.

Jenn said...

Amelia is very stylish!!! Mikayla is so cute. I wished my kids liked order in our house, then maybe they will clean up their messes!!! Very cute kids you have Chaunette!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I thought 7:30 was early! I think I would have to switch schools.

Your girls really are great. So pretty.

I saw that Whitney's doing her own show but honestly, I'm getting sick of the Hills. Can these people grow up yet? Audrina makes me sick and Lo isn't very likeable. Heidi and Spencer can feel free to move and not be on the show anymore and Stephanie wears way too much makeup. Whitney is the only one I semi-like so maybe the new show won't be so bad. Who knows?

Candice